Recalled/Assigned: Viktor Loov

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Hard not to like Loov as a person and as a hard-hitting young prospect. He handles the puck like a hand grenade at times in the d-zone but seems disciplined in his positioning. Great sliding blocked shot last night and nice last 5 second rush and shot on goal.

Looks pretty raw still so we'll see what Babs and Lou think.

UllmansTiger

May 27, 2012
Hard not to like Loov as a person and as a hard-hitting young prospect. He handles the puck like a hand grenade at times in the d-zone but seems disciplined in his positioning. Great sliding blocked shot last night and nice last 5 second rush and shot on goal.

Looks pretty raw still so we'll see what Babs and Lou think.

I was at the game, the puck hopped around like a grenade for everyone, it was a little crazy.

I thought he did well, like you say a little raw but didn't get exposed at all ( not like say, Rielly ). Good first outing, hope he gets a chance to really adjust to NHL speed.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Shouldn't it be more like... Move over Bobby, as in Bobby Orr? ;)

I just saw this post now. Yes, as Sessiroth said below, it was in reference to Mario scoring on his first shift in his first game. Maybe Bobby did it too, I don't know... ;)

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Loov getting hurt sucks but atleast it was at an NHL salary for him.:laugh:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
The one thing this new regime has done I don't agree with

Although Brennan is not a defensive dynamo he has been lighting it up offensively in the A. He does deserve another chance to come up & see if he can play with the confidence & swagger (I amuse myself) that he has with the Marlies.

Who knows, maybe with his offensive abilities & his weak defensive play he'll be able to challenge Karllson for the Norris.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Although Brennan is not a defensive dynamo he has been lighting it up offensively in the A. He does deserve another chance to come up & see if he can play with the confidence & swagger (I amuse myself) that he has with the Marlies.

Who knows, maybe with his offensive abilities & his weak defensive play he'll be able to challenge Karllson for the Norris.

I'm bummed about Loov, but i like that Brennan will get another game.
So many trash D-men who can score seem to carve out NHL careers that it just seems a bit ... unfortunate that TJ can't be one of them. I'll take Loov on my team first any day, but happy for TJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad