Recalled/Assigned: Viktor Loov

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Likely brought up in case Hunwick isn't good to go tonight since the only other active d-man is Cowen and he's injured himself.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Time to feel the LOOV!

loovblogfeb18.jpg

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
He might just be press-box sitting, but I hope they give him a game or two... Interested to see how he plays up here.. Congrats for the call-up, Victor..! :handclap:

Loov Hurts: Viktor Loov 2014-15 Highlights - TM

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
appropriate that he's wearing #55.

Danny Markov is exactly who he plays like.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Loov is our replacement when Polak is moved i believe. The reason he was called up was because in the discussion that management and Keefe have before every call-up. keefe recommended Loov.

He is a steady decenseman now and likely going to make the leafs next year out of camp. If he is not traded. At present he is a excellent mix of mobility and toughness and very very solid defensively.

I wouldn't mind him not getting sent back down. His offensive game is conservative and he is not one to take risky chances. He just plays a safe game. I would not be surprised to see his offense get much stronger over the next 2 to 3 years.

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
Is he gonna play tonight? I have nothing tomorrow so I could wake up to watch the game. However, if leafs are going to lose 7-2 again it's not worth it.

Looks like he is paired with Cowen in line rushes so he will only play if Hunwick can't go

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Loov is our replacement when Polak is moved i believe. The reason he was called up was because in the discussion that management and Keefe have before every call-up. keefe recommended Loov.

He is a steady decenseman now and likely going to make the leafs next year out of camp. If he is not traded. At present he is a excellent mix of mobility and toughness and very very solid defensively.

I wouldn't mind him not getting sent back down. His offensive game is conservative and he is not one to take risky chances. He just plays a safe game. I would not be surprised to see his offense get much stronger over the next 2 to 3 years.

He's called up because he's likely the Andrew MacWilliam of this season. Not because he's the most deserving prospect but likely the opposite.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

His numbers are down this year, is that due to playing a more conservative game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->