Viktor Alexandrov

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Someone in the pens forum remembered something about him, and I just remembered his name. I know his father Boris was killed in 02', but I dont know what happened to Viktor. He was touted to be the best player ever out of Kazakhstan and played a pretty good two-way game. Alot of people ranked him pretty high before his dad died, and then it seems he fell off the face of the earth. Anyone have any info on him since this is his draft year?

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Found a little bit info. He played for Novokuznetsk Metallurg this year, but really didnt put up big numbers. 9 pts in 56 games. Updated size and weight has him at 5'11-6' and only 165lbs. Kinda small if you ask me. Found it interesting someone remembered him as I had completely forgot to except about his father getting killed in a car crash.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
pittengineer said:
He played for Novokuznetsk Metallurg this year, but really didnt put up big numbers. 9 pts in 56 games.

Don't forget that no young players put great numbers in the russian superleague. This just never happens. For what I understand he was quite inconsistent throughout the season and he didn't perform as well as expected a year ago.
I agree with you that his lack of size is probably a concern for NHL scouts.
If you are willing to draft a small european forward in the second round of this year draft, Karsums looks like a better bet IMO.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
ParisSaintGermain said:
Don't forget that no young players put great numbers in the russian superleague. This just never happens. For what I understand he was quite inconsistent throughout the season and he didn't perform as well as expected a year ago.
I agree with you that his lack of size is probably a concern for NHL scouts.
If you are willing to draft a small european forward in the second round of this year draft, Karsums looks like a better bet IMO.

We were just talkin on the pens board about taking him with a late-late pick and hope he returns to his previous play.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Pens4ever said:
I was thinking more along the lines of a mid round pick. Definitely not our 2nd. Anyone have a CSB ranking on him or anything?

I was searching for that as you replied, but haven't found anything yet. I doubt he is ranked very high. His weight(160lbs) would drop him alone.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Found his midterm ranking and it surprised me. #20 by European Scouting Services. Wonder what he will be in the final.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Pens4ever said:
I was thinking more along the lines of a mid round pick. Definitely not our 2nd. Anyone have a CSB ranking on him or anything?
20. Viktor Alexandrov, C/W, Novokuznets (Russia).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Patty Ice XXX said:
Don't be surprised if the Sharks grab him in the second or third round.
I won't be surprised if any team grabs him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

He sort of fell off the radar after HF first posted that "Beyond Tomorrow" thing. I don't recall him really standing out at the WJCs, but I hear he's got talent.

He's one of the few mid round projections I know something about, and for that reason I'd like to see the Penguins draft go Malkin (2), Wheeler (31), and Alexandrov (50ish).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->