NFL: Falcons at Eagles named season opener

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not surprising. Atlanta was probably the only other team that they considered.

And we all know that Giants/Cowboys will be the Sunday night game yet again (although that is just speculation on my part).

Reactions: Belieber

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was surprised they didn't do with Dallas, but you can do Dallas any time, they're still Dallas.

With the Vikings, you might want to get their prime time and Monday night game out of the way early in case they burn out. I don't think they will, but we've seen it too often that teams who earn the prime time games the following year play them too late after they've bounced. They should get the Jags SNF game on early as well.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
No surprise with the NFC championship rematch to open the season. I actually am not sure if the league schedules Giants-Cowboys in Dallas Week 1 on Sunday Night Football, since it seems like they only do that in odd-numbered years of late (2013, 2015, 2017) while in even-numbered years, the matchup later on in the season at the Meadowlands in on Sunday Night (2014, 2016).
Like everyone else though, I hope that the Giants open against another team because I am tired of seeing Giants-Cowboys Week 1, regardless of whether it's on FOX or NBC.

Feb 24, 2017
I was surprised they didn't do with Dallas, but you can do Dallas any time, they're still Dallas.

With the Vikings, you might want to get their prime time and Monday night game out of the way early in case they burn out. I don't think they will, but we've seen it too often that teams who earn the prime time games the following year play them too late after they've bounced. They should get the Jags SNF game on early as well.
Yeah but you like that?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah but you like that?
You have a better chance of that being a draw on opening night as opposed to November. Although they usually do these rematches anyways. And they usually always do this if they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad