Vienna Capitals arena question

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
I'm visiting Vienna from the US at the end of October and was looking to catch a Capitals game (the Oct. 26th game vs. Klagenfurt), so I was looking into ticket purchases at Albert Schultz Halle. Although that game is not yet available for purchase yet (I think they start selling individual tickets two weeks in advance), looking at the seating chart, I'm curious why the first 4 rows on the direct side of the ice rink are slightly less expensive than rows 5-10 (26 euro vs. 28 euro). I usually try to buy the tickets closest to the ice, especially first row. Is there some disadvantage to these first four rows versus rows 5-10? Or do Austrians not like being seated on the glass? Are the seats less comfortable? Pictures I've found of the stadium don't seem to indicate any issues, but it's not entirely clear.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I asked someone who knew and here was his answer:
"They are just ****** seats in my opinion, but this is also a matter of taste.
The glass is rather old, not clear and the benches are really, really long. So most of the whole length you would have to watch the game through the players bench.

Also - unlike in the US - there is a corridor between the ice and the the seats.

So either you watch the game "through the bench" or you can't even touch the glass because of the corridor.

This is why theses seats are not popular."

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Hmm, thanks for the response. Maybe I should consider the seats a few rows up. I know in the Czech Republic at O2 Arena in Prague, there was also a small "alley" between the first row and the glass, but it didn't bother me at all, except I couldn't rest my beer on the inside of the glass (probably a bad idea, anyway, in case it gets hit). Not sure if this is wider in Vienna. And I can get the seats on the opposite side from the benches. But the unclear glass might be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad