[Video] Home opener video & Game 1 highlights *TEST* Need your feedback please!

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Hey guys, here is the video that was played on the home opener in case anyone is interested:

I also have plans to create an “extensive highlights package” for Oilers games. My ultimate goal is to allow fellow Oilers fans to keep up-to-date with their favorite team just by watching these. Test video:

Basically, sometimes we’re too busy to catch a game or don’t want to watch at all. Most of us turn to watching the highlights instead but these tend to be too short. My idea was to include not only goals and a few choice plays, but everything from defensive plays to game stats to injury updates to interesting storylines to waterbottle incidents.

These actually take longer to edit than I thought so I really need feedback before I continue!

The format I’m trying to aim for is 15-20 minutes highlights-of-the-week. My test video for game one already hit almost 20 minutes so it’s obviously too long atm... Which footage did you find unnecessary? Any other suggestions would be great.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The format I’m trying to aim for is 15-20 minutes highlights-of-the-week. My test video for game one already hit almost 20 minutes so it’s obviously too long atm... Which footage did you find unnecessary? Any other suggestions would be great.

This is a great idea, and as someone who doesn't always catch full games, I'd greatly appreciate a nice weekly video. I just skimmed your first video, but my initial thoughts are thus:

You can probably trim down the ceremonial stuff at game openers - don't play it in full. After all, we can probably access the whole thing via youtube or somewhere else on it's own. Just give a few seconds of them if you want to set the tone. If you really want, you can include a separate video as you did here.

You can probably just cut right past the introduction to the teams - we can always look up player numbers and stats, if we haven't already. Just jump right into the plays. For me at least, I know I'd be looking for the full stand-out plays from games, rather than extended sections of play. Perhaps if you want to get a better sense of which sections of play, you could go through GDTs. Usually we have people pointing out nice passes/good hits/nice saves etc.

Finally, I'm not really a fan of the tint you added personally. I'd rather just see the plain video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad