Video: 2013 World Junior Championship - John Gaudreau, USA

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

To those that follow NCAA hockey, seeing John Gaudreau's name among the goal-scoring leaders at the 2013 World Junior Championship is not a big surprise. The Boston College forward has been tearing it up offensively this season after helping lead that team to a National Championship in 2012 in his freshman season.

The Calgary Flames prospect hasn't missed a beat at this WJC, scoring five goals and adding one assist through five tournament games. At Boston College this season, Gaudreau is scoring at better than a point-per-game pace, netting 11 goals and adding 12 assists in 14 games.… read more

More...

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
This makes me smile. Seeing one of our prospects doing so well on an international stage, and down at a great NCAA college. Hopefully he turns into a player that will benefit us in the future.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Yeah hopefully he can step up and contribute to the Flames sooner than later.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
One thing I've noticed is that Gaudreau doesn't seem to have the speed I expected.

Maybe he's just a deceptive skater

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
This makes me smile. Seeing one of our prospects doing so well on an international stage, and down at a great NCAA college. Hopefully he turns into a player that will benefit us in the future.

What do you mean, one? Markus Granlund is currently 2nd in tournament scoring. Him and Wotherspoon are both making that Erixon trade look great right now.

It's interesting that 3/5 of Flames prospects at the WJC came from 2nd rounders that we acquired at or right before the draft. The Feast seems to really shine in the 2nd round.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He's kind of like Cammalleri. Not fast, but he's pretty shifty.

Those were my thoughts as well actually. And its not as if he's a terrible skater, he's just not a lightening rod. He's extremely elusive with the puck. Skating can always be worked on and I think the continual strengthening of his legs will only benefit his top end speed.

The NCAA is the perfect fit place for players like JG and Jankow to play because it allows them to weight train in state of the art facilities in between games. Playing older competition will also mature their games faster so they are more suited for the NHL.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I like some of the jokes on the wjc section.

'wow if Gaudreau is this good at 12, think how good he'll be when he grows up'

Or

'wow Steve Spott got owned by a 12 year old'

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I like some of the jokes on the wjc section.

'wow if Gaudreau is this good at 12, think how good he'll be when he grows up'

Or

'wow Steve Spott got owned by a 12 year old'

haha yeah, I remember reading those.

In all seriousness, I hope Steve Spott never coaches for TC again. :shakehead

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
What do you mean, one? Markus Granlund is currently 2nd in tournament scoring. Him and Wotherspoon are both making that Erixon trade look great right now.

It's interesting that 3/5 of Flames prospects at the WJC came from 2nd rounders that we acquired at or right before the draft. The Feast seems to really shine in the 2nd round.

I wasn't saying only one of our players is doing well. I;m saying it's nice to see someone doing well. I'm sick of years of **** prospects like Boyd, Kobasew and Ramholt. For once, we have something to be proud of.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Well, the one thing that I have noticed about Gaudreau this season compared to last season is he definitely looks stronger. It may not be as noticeable in the WJC, but it has been in his play with BC so far this year.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I wasn't saying only one of our players is doing well. I;m saying it's nice to see someone doing well. I'm sick of years of **** prospects like Boyd, Kobasew and Ramholt. For once, we have something to be proud of.

I like Boyd :( Still do.... :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The U.S. record for goals scored in the tournament are 8 held by Roenick, will be interesting to see if JG can tie or surpass him.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Well, the one thing that I have noticed about Gaudreau this season compared to last season is he definitely looks stronger. It may not be as noticeable in the WJC, but it has been in his play with BC so far this year.

He's grown three inches since his draft as well. He's small, but still strong enough that he can battle. I'm sure it's something he'll continue to work on. Guys can grow right up until they're 21 so I'm not super concerned about Gaudreau. He has lots of time to work on his strength.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Just got back from Mexico and have only been able to see the games since Thursday but that first JG scored against Canada is his go to move and it was sick to see live. He is probably the most dominate forward for the states in the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad