Video: 2013 World Junior Championship - Jacob Trouba and Riley Barber, USA

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

While it is difficult to call a player chosen in the top 10 of the NHL Draft a steal, the Winnipeg Jets have to be feeling good about what they've seen from their 2012 first selection, defenseman Jacob Trouba, at the 2013 World Junior Championship.

Trouba has been doing it all for Team USA, whether it is generating offense, or blocking shots and playing solid, physical defense in his own end. The University of Michigan freshman was thought to be talented but a bit rough around the edges heading into last year's draft, but it is clear he has come a long way in a short amount of time.… read more

More...

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

While it is difficult to call a player chosen in the top 10 of the NHL Draft a steal, the Winnipeg Jets have to be feeling good about what they've seen from their 2012 first selection, defenseman Jacob Trouba, at the 2013 World Junior Championship.

Trouba has been doing it all for Team USA, whether it is generating offense, or blocking shots and playing solid, physical defense in his own end. The University of Michigan freshman was thought to be talented but a bit rough around the edges heading into last year's draft, but it is clear he has come a long way in a short amount of time.… read more

More...

Tbh, its not like Trouba came from nowhere and is playing way over his head or skill level. I think folks that may not have watched him closely are now saying, "hey this kid is good, he's come a long way in 6 months."

Well, not really. He's getting better, sure, but his game was pretty good 6 months ago too. Just more folks are noticing him now and paying closer attention, imo.

Edit: For instance, there were scouting reports early last summer stating he was considered the 2nd best defencemen available and could go as high as 3rd overall. I think those scouts may have been pretty close.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Tbh, its not like Trouba came from nowhere and is playing way over his head or skill level. I think folks that may not have watched him closely are now saying, "hey this kid is good, he's come a long way in 6 months."

Well, not really. He's getting better, sure, but his game was pretty good 6 months ago too. Just more folks are noticing him now and paying closer attention, imo.

Edit: For instance, there were scouting reports early last summer stating he was considered the 2nd best defencemen available and could go as high as 3rd overall. I think those scouts may have been pretty close.

Indeed . Considering him the second best defenseman is pretty close to the best defenseman :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->