Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Yep. I have to temper my expectations - it's not like leading the SHL in goals in the last half dozen years is a who's who of eventual NHL producers so that has to be taken into account. But they need guys who can finish in the system, be it Rochester or Buffalo, and his comments all point to him trying it next season. It would be great if he can get a bit stronger over the summer, come to camp and amount to something.

I agree, but at the same time, he's had a great amount of time to mature his game, gain confidence and strength at a gradual case. This is the ultimate way to grow a late round pick into the "potential" for a top six role. I wish this could have been the case of Possler. However, this is what we want.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree, but at the same time, he's had a great amount of time to mature his game, gain confidence and strength at a gradual case. This is the ultimate way to grow a late round pick into the "potential" for a top six role. I wish this could have been the case of Possler. However, this is what we want.

Still wonder what could have been if Possler didn't hurt his knee.

Granted, if I go there, I start to wonder what would have happened if Drew Schiestel hadn't hurt his knee too. :biglaugh:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
With an ATO he would still end up as a UFA? If he signed an ELC he couldn’t play for Rochester, right?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
VO picked up Frolunda's goal today (yay!) in Frolunda's opening playoff game (yay!) against Malmo in a 2-1 loss (boo!). He, Dahlin (yay!), and Mursak had 5 shots each to lead Frolunda today. Granted, if Frolunda loses (boo!), VO is free to sign with Buffalo (yay!).

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
VO picked up Frolunda's goal today (yay!) in Frolunda's opening playoff game (yay!) against Malmo in a 2-1 loss (boo!). He, Dahlin (yay!), and Mursak had 5 shots each to lead Frolunda today. Granted, if Frolunda loses (boo!), VO is free to sign with Buffalo (yay!).

A lot of swings in emotion in one post. :laugh:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

MÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL! We respond quickly when Malmö is careless in our own zone.
Ryan Lasch serves Victor Olofsson who sets the reduction. 2-1 on the board. #framåttillsammans

End. We lose the first quarter-final against IF Malmö Redhawks with 2-1.
Quarterfinal #2 is played in Malmö on Wednesday. New tag then.

Last edited:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Does anybody else remember when Ted Nolan was asked about the prospects at his first prospect camp, he seemed unimpressed but specifically said something like, "well, I really liked that Olson? Olaf? Olosson kid. He's got a great release." Maybe we should hire Ted Nolan as a scout?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Does anybody else remember when Ted Nolan was asked about the prospects at his first prospect camp, he seemed unimpressed but specifically said something like, "well, I really liked that Olson? Olaf? Olosson kid. He's got a great release." Maybe we should hire Ted Nolan as a scout?
If we hire Nolan as a scout we should hire him a personal assistant to write his scouting reports.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Ted Nolan writing scouting reports for foreign named players is my new working theory for Oskari Laaksonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->