Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I sense a trend... 2-0 Rogle, Liss again. That's 5 goals in 4 games for Liss since coming up from Allsvenskan.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
VO just put one through Kolppanen on the PP but it trickles wide. More traffic in front than a Sabres game. :biglaugh:

Edit 1: 2-1 as Hjalmarsson pots one on a 5-on-3. Faceoff was won to the LW Lasch who waits and feeds in front where Hjalmarsson roofs in tight. VO was playing the right point, no touches on that but not an issue with his play.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On for GF3, faceoff win back to Sigalet who rips one from the blueline. He and the Rogle player who lined up with him on the draw were still engaged on the left side of the left faceoff dot when it went in.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great chance from about 10 feet out, one times the puck and an excellent save by Kolppanen. It may or may not be 4-2 on the next shift. Looked like goalie interference (tripping) before Grundstrom potted his second of the game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sigalet drops to block a shot and eats rubber in his helmet ear hole. Does not look steady heading off the ice.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

"I would love to come over next year. I feel like I'm starting to get ready for that," Olofsson said in a phone interview this past weekend. "I've been patient with going over because I felt like I wasn't ready, but I'm starting to feel ready now. I would say next year is probably the right time."

Reactions: 81818o8 and Butt Ox

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

"I would love to come over next year. I feel like I'm starting to get ready for that," Olofsson said in a phone interview this past weekend. "I've been patient with going over because I felt like I wasn't ready, but I'm starting to feel ready now. I would say next year is probably the right time."

Love to hear that kind of mindset.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I really hope this kid pans out to at least be a middle six winger of some capacity to offset our terrible drafting.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Anyone else worried this kid is gonna not sign and become a free agent? #CloseTheNCAAEuroLoophole :sarcasm:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I really hope this kid pans out to at least be a middle six winger of some capacity to offset our terrible drafting.

It would help a ton. If he could come in and be a twenty goal threat from the third line and pp. mmhm

Olofsson and one of the Bailey/baptiste/fasching group being ready for the bottom six could really fix up the depth at forward.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Trying not to be snarky about the response but the answer is yes he has been over for dev camp and as recently as last summer but he wasn't on the ice due to injury recovery. The interview where he talks about it is in this thread.

Thanks for letting me off easy. I think I may be mixing him up with Possler. I thought one of them just refused to come, thought it was Victor tbh.

Still, I just see a guy who has really blossomed into a decent prospect, but is in year 4 now (can go UFA) and has no contract with us. I have the same fears about Borgen, who I think could be a good addition to Rochester next year. That's why I asked about the Dev Camp is all. He's a guy who if he waits until the summer, could sign for any team and there would be interest out there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks for letting me off easy. I think I may be mixing him up with Possler. I thought one of them just refused to come, thought it was Victor tbh.

Still, I just see a guy who has really blossomed into a decent prospect, but is in year 4 now (can go UFA) and has no contract with us. I have the same fears about Borgen, who I think could be a good addition to Rochester next year. That's why I asked about the Dev Camp is all. He's a guy who if he waits until the summer, could sign for any team and there would be interest out there.

The thing is, he has had contact with the team for Dev Camps and in person for one-on-one evaluation and has commented that he wants to come over and play for Buffalo. Yeah, he could wait, but that isn't what he has said he's interested in doing.

Reactions: Dingo44

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
There was a Swedish article from the same day as that WGR one, where their Swedish scout Alavaara said everyone from him to development guys to GM's keep in touch with Olofsson and sounds like they absolutely want to sign him. (Some Dahlin thoughts near end too.)

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There was a Swedish article from the same day as that WGR one, where their Swedish scout Alavaara said everyone from him to development guys to GM's keep in touch with Olofsson and sounds like they absolutely want to sign him. (Some Dahlin thoughts near end too.)
Really? With all your #fatstacks you couldn't crowd source an English translation? Weak sauce.:cool:

Reactions: Woodhouse

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Really? With all your #fatstacks you couldn't crowd source an English translation? Weak sauce.:cool:
Blame EDM and VGK for blowing leads in the final seconds lately. #tinystacks :laugh:
They like Olofsson's offensive skills, work rate, shot obviously; they'd be thrilled with selecting Dahlin, top player with no weaknesses IIRC.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
When do their playoffs start? Has to be soon right?
Yep! It starts on the 18th or 19th for Frölunda depending on their position. It´s still six more games left of the regular season.

More about Olofsson and Buffalo. He talks like he wanna come over to next season to next season, if Buffalo wants to. Jon is a colleague of mine and works for the newspaper in Örnsköldsvik, Victors hometown.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
MÅÅÅÅÅÅL! 17:41 into the second period we acknowledge to 3-3.
Victor Olofsson puts a direct shot in play five against four!

Frölunda HC‏@frolunda_hc -
Olofssons 25:e mål för säsongen assisteras av Matt Donovan (16) och Jan Muršak (6).
Olofsson's 25th goal for the season is assisted by Matt Donovan (16) and Jan Muršak (6).

Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -
Victor Olofsson strikes on the PP for his league-leading 25th goal.
Frölunda and HV 71 are tied 3-3 at the 2nd intermission.

Frölunda HC‏@frolunda_hc -
Mål. Max Wärn gör även 5-4 och avgör matchen till HV71:s fördel. Vi plockar en poäng.
Target. Max W also makes 5-4 and determines the match to HV71 's advantage. We pick a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: CacOBG

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
How much do you keep in touch with him?
"We are many who do it, ranging from development guys to GM (general manager) and assistant GM's.
"If there is such an asset as Victor in the organization, then you want to take care of it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Draws the hooking call on Froberg and then on his third or fourth look of the PP, drills one that leaves a nice rebound in front for Grundstrom to pound in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->