Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I haven't watched this kid at all besides a few highlites here and there, but would Kotalik be a reasonable comparison?

I like the Kotalik comparison. If he can be shootout Kotalik, he needs to be on the team asap so the Sabres can win some shootouts.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He's a '14 draft pick...how long do we have his rights before he becomes a free agent?

I know it's 4 years post-draft for college players.

Do we have his rights beyond this season?

According to Bakes' site, this is his last year. Must be signed by next July 1th.
Contract up too.
ELC then Rochester....me thinks.
Kid might be a one trick pony (PP) but he can snipe.
Sabres need snipers.

signing deadline is June 1 2018.

I would have preferred they signed this summer then lend him to Sweden for the year.him

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't see a Kotalik comparison as being anything close to how he plays. As a smaller player who capitalizes around the net, there are other former Sabres to draw parallels to -- though much of what he does is unique enough to not merit a direct one-to-one comparison.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Lias Andersson, Grundstrom and Olofsson on a 4th line?

Hell of a team they got over there...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Victor Olofsson bumped up to the third line today as Frolunda HC continues Champions League group play vs KAC Klagenfurt.

LaxSabre -
Frolunda HC leads 1-0 after the second period.
Joel Lundqvist has scored the lone goal of the game which was scored in the first period.
Goal was scored via a 5 on 3 power-play. No assist for Olofesson.

Early (12 seconds in) third period goal (scored by Matthew Neal) for KAC Klagenfurt has tied the game at 1.

Ponthus Westerholm has given Frolunda HC a 2-1 lead - 9:46 into the third period.

Frolunda HC wins 2-1 - their second Champions League win this week.

@SabresProspects -
No goals/assists for Victor Olofsson today in the Champions League.
He finishes with four shots and 13:06 TOI as Frolunda edges KAC Klagenfurt 2-1.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - September 2 -

Victor Olofsson at 2RW today as Frölunda takes on ZSC Lions Zürich in the Champions Hockey League.

Victor Olofsson connects on a PP one-timer from the right circle to put Frölunda up 2-1 on ZSC Lions in the 3rd.

Victor Olofsson scores the game-winner on the PP as Frölunda gets a 2-1 win over ZSC Lions.

Frölunda HC‏ @frolunda_hc - GOOOAL! 12:05 into the third period resumes we lead and it by Victor Olofsson splashing into a direct shot in game five against four.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
9/2 Recap: Olofsson Pots Winner - Kris Baker - Sabres Prospects - September 2.

In Saturday Champions Hockey League action, Victor Olofsson scored the game-winning goal with just under eight minutes to play to propel Frölunda HC to a 2-1 win over ZSC Lions Zürich. Olofsson did what we've seen him do many times over, scoring with a one-timer on the power play, to ice the victory and keep Frölunda atop Group H with a 4-0 record. Through four Champions League games, Olofsson has three goals and 15 shots on goal for the League's defending champion.

Operating in the right circle, Olofsson's lethal shooting skill is the focal point of FHC's top power play unit. He'll often dart to the right post with his stick down when the puck goes high to low on the left side, but on this play he opened up in the circle to power a shot into the back the net from 20 feet out. The blast was one of six shot attempts for Olofsson, who saw 16:41 of action in the victory.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

GOAAAL! In five against four splatters Victor Olofsson in a beautiful finish in the far corner and we lead with 2-1 with 15:12 played by period 1.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's going to take a ding in the +/- after today -- on for both of FBK's ENG's late, as well as one of the 2nd period goals against. Interesting to see how he works the right side in an umbrella -- seems like he scores more often when off the post in the slot or low circle, but Frolunda didn't use him much that way in the second half of the game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He remains damned intriguing with his ability to get into position and get shots in high danger areas. The other upside to keeping an eye on him is seeing Dahlin play. If only...

Reactions: Zemgus26

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -
Victor Olofsson assists on a Lias Andersson (NYR) goal.
Frölunda-Örebro tied 1-1 in the 1st.

Victor Olofsson scores an even-strength marker in the 55th minute.
Frölunda ahead 3-2 on Örebro.

MÅÅÅÅÅL! With 5:24 left of the third period, we take the lead.
Victor Olofsson splashed into a finish in the far corner and we lead with 3-2.

Victor Olofsson's goal, his third of the season, goes down as the game-winner.
Frölunda defeats Örebro 3-2.

The FINAL! We down Örebro HK with 3-2.
After Victor Olofsson's GWG here in the third. #framåttillsammans

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love that play. Missed the game (sadly my Tuesday mid-day SEL watching was interrupted by school activities) but the European prospects are really my favorite source of hope right now.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@frolunda_hc - MÅÅÅÅÅL! 2:05 into the second period, we take the lead with 2-1 by Victor Olofsson who put a direct shot to the numerically over location.

@frolunda_hc - Olofssons 5:e mål för säsongen assisteras av Ryan Lasch (9) och Max Friberg (7).
Olofsson's 5th goal of the season assisted by Ryan Lasch (9) and Max Fabian (7).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep, he has Frolunda's first. They're up 4-0 on Linkoping. I haven't seen the replay, turned it on late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->