Value of: Victor Mete

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not much, most teams rather have their bottom pairing defenseman be able to play the PK. If Mete develops into a top 4 defenseman than he'd have good value, but even if he plays a full season as Ottawa's #5/6 he isn't going to be worth much - maybe a 4th/5th at best.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
If Mete was one of Ottawa's best defenceman, they would have been closer to 6-7-2. Not 10-3-2 to end the year.

I like Mete but he is what he is... he was terribly exposed when Chabot went down Ottawa was outplayed. This talk about him being close to their best defenseman, absolute lunacy. Its not even arguable.

I guess its only fair to answer the question..

He was a waiver claim, and has played a dozen games. Which means he aint worth much.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Mete was one of Ottawa's best defenceman, they would have been closer to 6-7-2. Not 10-3-2 to end the year.

I like Mete but he is what he is... he was terribly exposed when Chabot went down Ottawa was outplayed. This talk about him being close to their best defenseman, absolute lunacy. Its not even arguable.

He was a waiver claim, and has played a dozen games. Which means he aint worth much.

This is false. He'll be able to increase his value with consistent time next season.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Not acting like he was incredible or that he was able to replace Chabot, but he was really good for us down the road. This is clearly not accurate.

Sure, other defensemen played well too (Zaitsev especially, Zub had some good and bad games at the end there) but for a guy coming in from the gutters in Montreal he was playing over 23 minutes a night at the end and clearly gained trust from the coaching staff. DJ Smith has talked repeatedly on how well he's played, how his speed has helped our transition game. He doesn't make many mistakes and keep in mind this is not a guy that should be paired against Matthews and Scheifele, but he was.

He played really well, and given the circumstances I would say he played extremely well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad