GDT: VGK rubbing shoulders with US Fed 9:30am

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Sitting up at 4:50 in the morning in South Korea reading GDT to get updates because it's not on here ANYWHERE... Not so good. I'm missing a great game.
It’s a good game. Why are you in South Korea, and why don’t you have Twitter?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Great bounce back win. God this team is fun to watch. Can’t wait to see T-Mobile for a playoff game.
I still watch Ducks games and I can't stress enough how fun the Knights are to watch. You go from the Ducks who have been boring as dirt to the Knights and it feels like watching a different sport. Or at least a different league.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Agreed. I'd also add that Will Carrier has done a lot to change my opinion on him. He's not a gamebreaker, but as bottom 6 grinders go, he's one of the better ones in the league right now.

Carrier has the needed toughness, especially against the Western Conference hoodlums.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
No offense to ours but I'm loving Washington's TV crew.

I agree. They do a really solid job. Color man Craig Laughlin is a passionate Caps fan, but he gave a lot of props to the Knights. Laughlin breaks down the plays well and really gives a concise recap of the play. He does go on hilarious tangents, however: "I like the VGK uniforms, but I really don't like the white gloves." :laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This just in: GMGM (former Washington Caps GM) was seen driving to the airport with a smile on his face and message to the Caps organization:

GfingerA.gif

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Holtby said that VGK " have four 2nd lines." I think that's a fair assessment.
As much as I love Bellemare/Nosek/Carrier/Lindberg and think they're one of the best 4th lines in the league, no way you'd want those guys playing 2nd line matchups and minutes.

I think VGK has two very glad good 2nd lines (certainly can argue the Karlsson is a good 1st line right now) and two 3rd lines (great bottom 6-8 forwards). In today's NHL that's all more valuable than having a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line. Large part of VGK's success

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I still watch Ducks games and I can't stress enough how fun the Knights are to watch. You go from the Ducks who have been boring as dirt to the Knights and it feels like watching a different sport. Or at least a different league.

I sent a text to my buddy in NYC the other day after the Winnipeg game saying that exact thing. Being a Ranger fan for 40 years has been absolute torture, with almost zero return on my investment. The Rangers play like a piano is ready to fall on them at any given time. They are maddening to watch, & lose games incredulously, especially in the playoffs.

The Knights play really loose, just so free & easy. For some reason you expect them to score big goals when they need them. Watching them is the complete opposite of watching the team from NY all these years. It's refreshing.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad