Confirmed with Link: VGK gets Tatar for a lot of picks.

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
I don't think any VGK fans really have issues with GMGM. Leipsic's just a good guy, so he'll get some love.
From what I could tell, Brendan IS a good kid and he certainly did try hard for us. He needs a lot of gym time this off season. I came to the conclusion about 3-4 games ago, he was not a long term fit for us and told my wife he would get murdered in the playoffs. Basically exchanging Brendan Leipsic for Tatar in the lineup is about as huge of an upgrade as anyone (pirate boy) could ask for. Reaves is a nuclear deterrent good skater protecting our skilled players the remainder of the season and will be a good addition for the playoffs;the guy has game. Holm is depth insurance on our D which is mandatory for a serious run in the playoffs. Let’s not forget, our two positions of strength are our cap room and our over abundance of draft picks. Thank our owner for allowing Jim to spend his money to get another pick and a serviceable player in Reaves. To me, trading is not about necessarily one isolated deal and certainly not about which team got the better deal, IF both teams got better.

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
You'll like Tatar. Plays with passion, can certainly snipe the puck and can be counted on to score 20+ a year. Only downside is his inconsistency, but he's a very solid second line wing who'll give it his all every time he's out there.
I tell you what, I’m much more excited going to watch us play the Kings tonight with our two new players. WE are a much deeper/better team and much more exciting to watch. If I am a player on the VGK, esp one called upon to fight when needed, I can now work on other parts of improving for the playoffs with Reaves here. Our top scorers can be even more confident creative gripping their sticks even softer/creating, swapping out a 20 plus goal scorer for a 3 goal scorer takes pressure off them and Reaves gives them more room out there.
A very good young TEAM, just got better.
I am also of a mind that paying extra for a “hockey trade” getting a player signed to a good mult year contract when the cap is going up; can’t be compared to what is traded for a rental. This trade also made “the room” much better and shows our guys management is supporting them.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't know why people are harshing on this deal. Tatar is a good player signed through his prime. VGK gave up a draft pick in three different years, but you guys have a TON of draft picks and three first rounders from last year that look like they will all be impact players in the future. I have adopted VGK as my #2 team and I like this deal. Hell, I would liked this deal if the Flyers if made it.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think I mind the trade at all. I think it's a real possibility he could give us 25 goals and 50 points and fit in and play hard for us.

I think on one of the shows they gave the time of the trade as like, 2 minutes before it closed so it seems it might have been a bit of a panic buy.

I would imagine if they had more time we could have given up our 2018 2nd instead of our 1st but that's my only gripe.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think I mind the trade at all. I think it's a real possibility he could give us 25 goals and 50 points and fit in and play hard for us.

I think on one of the shows they gave the time of the trade as like, 2 minutes before it closed so it seems it might have been a bit of a panic buy.

I would imagine if they had more time we could have given up our 2018 2nd instead of our 1st but that's my only gripe.

According to the wings GM, proposal was made at 1:30 EST and finalized minutes before the deadline. Earlier in the morning, the trade was deemed a nonfit, which makes me think GMGM was holding his pieces going after an EK trade.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
i thought it was an overpayment....however i like the trade. tatar is a good skilled player that should fit in with the team, rather seamlessly. plus he's signed for 3 more years. so he fits in with the core of this team. looking forward to seeing him tear it up in vegas!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I think he'll be great on the 3rd line. Lord knows how bad Tuch needs someone with some talent on his wing. Then again Tuch really needs to bury those chances that he's been given all season long himself. I don't think he'd be a good replacement for Neal or Perron.

That line is the slower but skilled sweet mitts line that has good puck possession and can put the biscuit in the basket. I used to think Perron would be the guy not staying here. I get the feeling that Neal will be the harder one to extend. If management has an issue with his demands, it's probably more on term rather than AAV. This team can overpay a few guys per year, but long term deals seem to bite most teams in the butt.

Then again how long is this window going to be open? Not signing Neal and Perron could lead to a lot of losses. There's no guarantee that Glass and or Suzuki is ready yet. I'd like to see them get a little more development myself. It's not going to be easy to replace Neal and Perron's numbers. I don't see too many good UFA guys hitting the market that VGK could sign to replace them. And guys like JVR and JT are going to have many suitors and won't come cheap either if GMGM were to pursue them. Sometimes it might be better to go with girl that you took to the dance instead of trying to go home with someone else.

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
Tatar looked ok against LA, but is still as expected at this early stage, well out of synce with our high paced, quick moving mult parts ofence. I think he will thrive with coaches encouragement of creativity and allowing some mistakes to help facilitate that style of play.
Fricken Doughty sure is a highly skilled hacker!
Watching a few of Tatars Redwings highlights will put a smile on any VGK fan. WOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->