Confirmed Trade: [VGK/FLA] Reilly Smith + expose Marchessault for 2018 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marchessault - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Smith
McGinn - Malgin - Bjugstad
McCann - MacKenzie - Sceviour

That top 6 is disgusting. Even if they didn't get Dadonov, plug Bjugstad there with the season he had and it's still a disgusting top 6.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Great move for Florida! Vegas will be a bottom dweller this year for sure, just look at that roster LOL. Might as well get value out of those guys who are clearly fringe NHLers at best.

wait...

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The Team was 15 point better after losing those two players this season so kick Dale lightly if you are going to kick him at all.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Team was 15 point better after losing those two players this season so kick Dale lightly if you are going to kick him at all.

They likely would have made the playoffs with one of those two.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, when you think about it the Florida Panthers may be the #1 reason for Vegas' success.

Just a stupid trade from the moment it happened. Makes no sense to just give away two (young) top 6 forwards for nothing.

Like, they were both 26. It's not even like they got out of bad contracts to older players or anything.

Tallon should 100% be fired for that.

And yes it is way worse than the Hall trade. At least the Oilers got a serviceable defenseman for a PPG player. The Panthers got a 4th round draft pick. It's not close.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Why bump this thread? We all know it was a god awful trade the second it was announced.
Well, some people on our board still defend it... /o\
I mean I could even understand moving both of them because they don't fit #Tallonvision (though we sure could have used them this season). But to get back a fourth round pick... that's inexcusable.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
no, but adding 2 PPG players to a team goes beyond just a what if.

We’re they a point per for the Cats? No. They weren’t. As much as I’d like to discuss the possibilities of “what if”, the truth is we’ll never know. All we know is that Vegas benefited hugely from the deal. Good for them. I love Gallant.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Tallon in charge the 2015-2016 season, 103 points. Computer boys in charge the 2016-2017, 81 points. Tallon back in charge the 2017-2018 season, 96 points.
And our top 2 scorers in 2015/16 were Jagr with 66 points (27 goals) and Jokinen with 60 points (18 goals), while also getting 62 games of Luongo's superb goaltending. The next year Huberdeau missed almost the entire season, Ekblad and Bjugstad had absolutely awful years due to injuries and in Ekblad's case also losing Campbell/not being sheltered for the first time in his career; Luongo was injured which affected his game - but sure, let's simplify it to Tallon = good, Computer boys = bad.

FWIW I really like this year's group. Tallon has done a great job with Dadonov's contract, getting Boughner, the Demers/McGinn trade, even the Sateri and Haapala signing; there's no more of this mess when nobody knows who's really in charge of what; most importantly, our young core finally took the step forward and took over this team.

Still doesn't change that our expansion draft looked very bad last summer and looks much worse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->