Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CBJ] David Clarkson, '17 1st (#24) & '19 2nd to select William Karlsson

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
There's something about an expansion team (Or any change of scenery I suppose) that can bring out the best and unseen talent in a player. It may be one of those situations where a guy had to move before certain sides of his game were discovered.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
After the playoffs last year I was really upset to lose Karlsson, as he did show some flashes, but it was a loss every CBJ fan was prepared for and expected. Now, when I say flashes, I mean flashes of maybe being a 15 goal, 20 assist, and great defensively kind of player. It sucked the Jackets had to lose a player of that caliber when other teams didn't, but nobody could have predicted this, and I shake my head any time someone says "They should have protected him instead of Wennberg/anyone else!!!1!1".

Exactly what happened with Haula.

Reactions: Pure

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I was one of the people advocating keeping Karlsson over Anderson. But that was due to positionality. Also, if Vegas had taken Josh Anderson, I can't imagine how well he'd be doing but I think it'd be a similar outburst.

The Jackets had a lot of really valuable young pieces they needed to protect.

Also yeah, suggesting the Jackets protect Karlsson over Wennberg is pretty crazy.
If the Blue Jackets had 2 players on their roster who could be 40ish goal scorers in the NHL this year on another team, but couldn't on their team, then they must have the most inept coaching staff in history.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->