Andrei Vasilevskiy's insane season

Oct 18, 2011
Put some respek on John Gibson's name. The amount of high danger chances he faces skews his traditional numbers, when in reality he's held up a team that can't seem to avoid injuries this year.. No disrespek to vasy

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Put some respek on John Gibson's name. The amount of high danger chances he faces skews his traditional numbers, when in reality he's held up a team that can't seem to avoid injuries this year.. No disrespek to vasy
I agree Gibson has been great this year. He's a top 10 goalie. IMO Vasi is better but Gibson is another young stud at the goaltender position.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The difference is Bob is THE reason the jackets are one of the top teams in the league right now. The offense hasn't given him ANY help this season. The jackets will score a quick goal or two and then pretty much put all the pressure on bob to get the W. Bob has been nothing short of stellar and vezina worthy, I'd argue that Bob is even in Hart contention.
That sums it up perfectly

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

according to some people's logic that 1 high danger save > Vasilevskiy

.933 squad

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
How anyone look at the numbers (26GP, 21W, 2.11GAA, .934SV% and 3 SO) and say that Vasilevski isn't the front-runner right now, I literally do not understand.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
How anyone look at the numbers (26GP, 21W, 2.11GAA, .934SV% and 3 SO) and say that Vasilevski isn't the front-runner right now, I literally do not understand.

He good.

Seems to be getting better as the season goes on. In his last 13 games he has allowed 2 or fewer goals in 10 games, and 1 or fewer goals 6 times. Gives the bolts a great chance to win almost every single night.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Vasilevskiy is right there at 1 with Kucherov and Hedman

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Having a bad teammate does not make you better.

P.s
When I see that he actually wins games when Tampa plays bad I would be the first one to say "Vesina!"

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He absolutely should at the moment, and will be if he keeps it up. It doesn't mean he's the best goalie in the league, he's not, but he's been a big reason to Tampa's success (and not the other way around like some are suggesting).

Cannot think of 3 better goalies than him this season. Bobrovsky and that's it. Quick, Gibson and Crawford have been superb but not as consistent as Vasi, and that matters too.

He was injured? and literally had one bad game (the Dallas game where he was injured in) I mean jesus christ he has a .930 sv% and a 2.15 GAA Good for 2nd and 4th in those categories while playing behind a much worse team than Bob and Vassy are this year. Unlike Bob and Vassy Crow has been an actual reason why Chicago has won games this year while their top 6 all had 9+ game goal droughts, and he leads all starters in High Danger SV% and is 2nd among all starters in goals saved abover average.

But yea he isnt as consistent:sarcasm:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Having a bad teammate does not make you better.

P.s
When I see that he actually wins games when Tampa plays bad I would be the first one to say "Vesina!"
You actually don't need to have a bad team to win the Vezina.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
1. Bobrovsky 2. Crawford 3. Bobrovsky

probably
Bobrovsky and Crawford are tailing off a bit. I can't believe no one has mentioned Rinne. He is having a great year. And I think Holtby is climbing up the ladder.
Right now I would say 1. Vasilevsky 2. Rinne 3. Bobrovsky

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bobrovsky and Crawford are tailing off a bit. I can't believe no one has mentioned Rinne. He is having a great year. And I think Holtby is climbing up the ladder.
Right now I would say 1. Vasilevsky 2. Rinne 3. Bobrovsky

Uuuuhhhh.... Crawford has posted .960+ SV% in 3 of his last 5 games, a .946 and .929 in the other two. He currently leads all starters in the NHL with .935 SV%, and if you care about GAA as a goalie stat (you shouldn't) he's tied with Vasilevsky at 2.11 GAA for best among starters.

He really isn't tailing off at the moment.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Uuuuhhhh.... Crawford has posted .960+ SV% in 3 of his last 5 games, a .946 and .929 in the other two. He currently leads all starters in the NHL with .935 SV%, and if you care about GAA as a goalie stat (you shouldn't) he's tied with Vasilevsky at 2.11 GAA for best among starters.

He really isn't tailing off at the moment.
I guess Crawford is playing fairly well but I still wouldn't put him in the top 3 at this time. That could change. There are a lot of good goaltenders in the league. I still don't understand why Rinne doesn't get mentioned much.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I guess Crawford is playing fairly well but I still wouldn't put him in the top 3 at this time. That could change. There are a lot of good goaltenders in the league. I still don't understand why Rinne doesn't get mentioned much.

I would love to see your top 3 at this point. Crow leads all starters in high danger sv% while also being 2nd among all goalies in GSAA all the while playing behind a worse team than Tampa, Nashville, and Cbus at this point.

Reactions: JaegerDice and Rooh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->