Veterans Day

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Thank you to all the men and women who are much tougher, both mentally and physically, than I am and ever will be.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I give thanks to the veterans that fought on both sides as most of them had the goal of wanting to preserve peace for their countries, it's unfortunate how corrupt the system is in using troops. Let's hope all the troops can all return safely home and be reunited with their families in peace.

I hope we all honour and remember those that served everywhere hoping for a more peaceful world.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Thank you to all the men and women who are much tougher, both mentally and physically, than I am and ever will be.

Human nature is very strange. They say the most intelligent people that have it all but aren't wise and desire more are the most miserable. These people despite all the dangers and trauma still manage to remain happy most of the time because they managed to do something and they have something known as relevant stress and the desire to survive and serve their nation.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Thanks to all the servicemen out there for all that they do and have done.

I'll never forget the Veterans Day parade in Nashville a few years ago when they had a Pearl Harbor veteran. That was awesome to see.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
A guy that works at my company fought in the Gulf War. He always looks surprised when I thank him for his service. He is kind of gruff (a former Marine), but he is nice when you get to know him. He just doesn't want people to know that about him.

There must be a lot of guys that survived Pearl Harbor! The next door neighbor of 2 boys from my elementary school was one. He lost an arm at the elbow. One of them told me that he was strafed.

As a non-veteran, I appreciate what the men and women of this country do to maintain our security. Same goes for other countries. I went to Wimbledon in 2007. The man guarding my entrance was a Royal Marine. The UK and/or the club uses people from their armed forces as security guards. I had a chance to speak to him while I was waiting for a game to finish. I ran out for some sodas because it was 85 or 90 F that day. Like hockey, you just can't walk back in when you feel like it.

Thanks to you, veterans!

The Admirals will let in veterans for free on Saturday. They are allowed up to 5 guests. They have been doing this for years.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Thanks to all veterans that served and thanks to all that continue to serve today. I'm very thankful that I live in the greatest country in the world. It has always been great because of our service members.

Today I especially thank my Dad (Air Force), Grandfather (Navy), and Uncles (Army). I especially remember today my Great-Uncle, he was a badass Sargent in the Army, a paratrooper from Ft. Campbell and was at one point a POW in WWII. We still have the papers that were sent to his family telling them of his capture and I recently found a card he was forced to fill out saying he was being fed by his captors.

Those guys and the ones serving today are about a million times braver than I ever could hope to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad