Very Hostile Time

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Ontario Habsfan, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Habsfan

Ontario Habsfan Registered User

I've noticed that since the World cup Exhibition play has started there has been alot of trolling and sniping between people. (Mostly Canadians vs. Americans)

I know I'm not a mod but I would like people to try and keep a cool head when dealing with this emotional time. Mean/useless posts bring down this board. It makes threads not worth reading because they contain more about how one country owns the other rather than the game or thread topic at hand.

If someone makes a stupid post, just ignore it. If it really is out of line a Mod will come in and deal with it appropriately.

This tournament should bring us together. When all the layers are peeled away it's still just hockey and hockey is what we all love. Keep in mind it could be the last hockey for a long time

So let's enjoy this amazing display of talent in a more "peaceful" environment.

Thank you.

2. Leafer72*

Leafer72* Guest

I'm sure people just want some hockey action to talk about...which leads to fans having a favorite team (home country) to cheer for and have fan rivarlry with the enemy (CAN vs USA)

Can't wait for the real games to start

3. Epsilon

Epsilon #TeamHolland

This kind of thing is hardly uncommon. The thread for the WJHC finals has been the worst of the year for two years running (not counting any thread in which both Foppa_Rules and stockwizard posted).

4. Rob

Rob Registered User

Home Page:
    I don't mind the rivalry at all.

Just as long as politics is left out of it!

5. Predatore

Predatore Registered User

Business Manager
    Home Page:
    well, don't ignore it entirely. Please use the "report bad post" button. Even though we have added more mods to this board during the time of the tournament, we are still bound to miss some inappropriate posts thus we rely on you posters to report them to us.

Thank you

6. mach777

mach777 Registered User

Thats the way we like it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.