Very conservative 1718 outlook

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm messing around with the cap site tonight, and here's what could happen if the cap is at $75 million, and if Panarin settles for a $6 million AAV.

I re-signed some AHL guys at near minimum levels.

So there's ~$5 million left for upgrades on those minimum salary plugs, a potential Teravainen or Shaw raise, and adding two defensemen.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/82857

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That lineup is awful. No way Moose or Baun are on the team imo. It's too hard to say what the team will look like because Hoss probably hits LTIR in 2017 and there will be an expansion draft.

kcorp90

Aug 31, 2015
Iowa
Hopefully Tyler Motte is worked into their lineup at this point. If his upside pans out as we hope it does that would make this roster look a lot better.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
The cap for next year is looking to be $74 million. I could see a $76 mill cap for 2017. Here's my penciled in roster if that is the case.

*This is without LTIR Hossa
**This is not taking Pokka/Forsling's play into account. Ideally, one of the two can make Seabrook expendable so we can dump his cap.
***Only includes Hawks-owned players. There will of course be trades/UDFA signings I cannot account for.

Panarin Toews Hossa
Schmaltz Anisimov Kane
Motte Teravainen Hartman
Panik Kruger Shaw
[Hinostroza]

Keith Hammer
Forsling Seabrook
Gus Pokka
[TvR/Svedberg]

Crawford
[Darling]

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The cap for next year is looking to be $74 million. I could see a $76 mill cap for 2017. Here's my penciled in roster if that is the case.

*This is without LTIR Hossa
**This is not taking Pokka/Forsling's play into account. Ideally, one of the two can make Seabrook expendable so we can dump his cap.
***Only includes Hawks-owned players. There will of course be trades/UDFA signings I cannot account for.

Panarin Toews Hossa
Schmaltz Anisimov Kane
Motte Teravainen Hartman
Panik Kruger Shaw
[Hinostroza]

Keith Hammer
Forsling Seabrook
Gus Pokka
[TvR/Svedberg]

Crawford
[Darling]

Looks good player-wise, but how are you paying TT, Shaw, Panik, Gus, Pokka, and Darling?
There's roughly 5-6 million to split between all them?

I don't mean that in a critical way, I'm just curious to see your breakdown.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Looks good player-wise, but how are you paying TT, Shaw, Panik, Gus, Pokka, and Darling?
There's roughly 5-6 million to split between all them?

I don't mean that in a critical way, I'm just curious to see your breakdown.

Totally legitimate. Didn't spend a lot of time on it, but here's roughly how it would look:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/83056

Players like Darling, Panik etc get ultimatums. They can walk. Nice players to have, but not ones you break the bank for. Although that Panik line makes me moist.

Shaw gets a max of Kruger.

Gus and Pokka playing is a mistake. Good catch. As I said in a previous thread, you pay the better one. The other will only be a bottom pairing D. Not breaking the bank on a 5 or 6. Although hopefully Forsling makes Seabrook redundant and you can have all three + cap $$.

TT isn't getting a huge raise.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Totally legitimate. Didn't spend a lot of time on it, but here's roughly how it would look:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/83056

Players like Darling, Panik etc get ultimatums. They can walk. Nice players to have, but not ones you break the bank for. Although that Panik line makes me moist.

Shaw gets a max of Kruger.

Gus and Pokka playing is a mistake. Good catch. As I said in a previous thread, you pay the better one. The other will only be a bottom pairing D. Not breaking the bank on a 5 or 6. Although hopefully Forsling makes Seabrook redundant and you can have all three + cap $$.

TT isn't getting a huge raise.

Nice work Teddy, it looks like you did a good job building off what I had. I like it.
I especially like keeping Shaw AND TT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad