VERSUS will air On the Fly during the Postseason

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
I miss NHL 2Nite. When I first came across On the Fly last year when VS was still OLN on the DirectTV guide, I thought it was a show about fly fishing

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Yes. When in Western Canada, they will do it. But in Eastern Canada and the U.S., they will produce their own games.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
No Playoff Preview?

Didn't OLN have a preview before last year's playoff? I remember them for a few days playing some kind of hockey movie as well as player interviews and such before the playoffs began and for some reason they just have bullfighting and ultimate world league instead......

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
They'll be doing a 30-minute pre-game show before Tonight's (Wednesday) games.

There will be some hockey programming around the games. On the Fly will be every night, of course. Legends of Hockey will return on Thursday at 5:00 PM, and air occasionally in April. VERSUS will do it's Hockey Central show at least once a night. Team Spirit, the Jordin Tootoo thing, will air on April 17 at 6:00 PM, Fearless: Mario Lemieux aired last night and will again April 20th at 6:00 PM. The 2nd Annual Mark Messier Leadership Camp premieres at 5:30 PM on April 26th, 90 minutes prior to Game 1 of Conference Semifinal play.

Joe Beninati and Ed Olczyk have the call for Pittsburgh-Ottawa, Dave Strader and I believe Vanbiesbrouck might be calling Dallas-Vancouver.

The e-mail I got from VERSUS could be mistaken for the games in Dallas, it could just be the CBC simulcast.

They're doing the same programs, just not airing them to the point of nausea. It's still 5 Billion times better than ESPN.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Steve-- question for you... do the fans in the local market of the Versus game get an alternate game (like a FSN or TSN feed, etc) or just black screen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad