Value of: Vegas RHD to Oilers

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Schmidt, Miller, and Theodore are all able second pairing defenseman who can move the puck and help the Oilers' powerplay. What would it take to get one of them on the Oilers without giving up Draisaitl or RNH?

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Schmidt, Miller, and Theodore are all able second pairing defenseman who can move the puck and help the Oilers' powerplay. What would it take to get one of them on the Oilers without giving up Draisaitl or RNH?
None of those guys would bring back either one of Draisaitl or RNH alone. Vegas would have to overpay to get on of those guys.

Miller is the guy I would look at. Theodore and Schmidt are LH and don't add anything more than what Klefbom or Nurse already do and we already have too many LHD.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Why would the Golden Knights trade any of them?

None of those guys would bring back either one of Draisaitl or RNH alone. Vegas would have to overpay to get on of those guys.

Miller is the guy I would look at. Theodore and Schmidt are LH and don't add anything more than what Klefbom or Nurse already do and we already have too many LHD.

Vegas doesn't WANT RNH so you can forget speculating about them overpaying for him.

And as for Schmidt, he'd played RD all year and he'd be your best D and no, he's not even remotely available.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Vegas doesn't WANT RNH so you can forget speculating about them overpaying for him.
Ya, ur better off with Karlsson, Haula, Eakin and Bellemare ...especially once they come back down to Earth from their outter body experiences.

RNH and Drai aren't available anyway so its a moot point to even discuss them.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ya, ur better off with Karlsson, Haula, Eakin and Bellemare ...especially once they come back down to Earth from their outter body experiences.

Or maybe...maybe, they're better than you realize. Karlsson and Haula broke out this year after being trapped on teams with better depth. Eakin and Bellemare were always solid face-off winning, solid pking players that you need to make the playoffs.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Or maybe...maybe, they're better than you realize. Karlsson and Haula broke out this year after being trapped on teams with better depth. Eakin and Bellemare were always solid face-off winning, solid pking players that you need to make the playoffs.

Time will tell the tale, I guess.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Where the hell does an Oiler fan get off telling a Vegas fan what they need? You should be begging for scraps of wisdom from Vegas, and hope to be like them once you grow up.

I agree that RNH isn't a need for VGK. He makes too much, and they'd have to retrain him...too much work.

Haula always showed flashes in MN, but was shut out of any meaningful offensive TOI. This year, he has 12 PP goals alone, 29 in all. All that for 2.75M....and you say that RNH and 6M/yr. is too good for them? That's...rich.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Where the hell does an Oiler fan get off telling a Vegas fan what they need? You should be begging for scraps of wisdom from Vegas, and hope to be like them once you grow up.

I agree that RNH isn't a need for VGK. He makes too much, and they'd have to retrain him...too much work.

Haula always showed flashes in MN, but was shut out of any meaningful offensive TOI. This year, he has 12 PP goals alone, 29 in all. All that for 2.75M....and you say that RNH and 6M/yr. is too good for them? That's...rich.

ROFL.

Not that I think Vegas should do this trade, but you get having a good GM does not make your fans smarter than other fans right?

I'm of the opinion trade proposals should be frozen for the playoffs, if Vegas wins the Cup they probably aren't trading anyone.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

WTF are you talking about...isn't that the concept of these boards?

You have fan bases from all over telling us what the Oilers needs are. Guess what, fans aren't part of team managment...so listen to what I or anyone says...or don't...who gives a **** ...the GM isn't going to listen to what we have to say anyway.

Where did I say RNH was too good for them?
I reiterating that we aren't going to give him away for anyone of the D-men OP mentioned.

And like I said earlier as well. Time will tell if these guys can continue playing like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ck1 and HailMcJesus

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Just for devils advocate isnt Karlsson shooting on 24% of his shots this year when he had 8% over 4 seasons prior?

If im a GM I'm leery of trading for any Vegas player this summer because odds are the value is the highest it will ever be and some players will most likely struggle to have as good of seasons next year as they did this year.

Reactions: THall4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad