Vegas Golden Knights Defeat LA Kings 4-0 and Advance to Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Kings were utter horsesh**** this series,. They should be embarrassed at their performance in the playoffs. Getting swept by an expansion team is humiliating. I dont care if they had over 50 wins 100 points and is the best expansion team of all time. I mean cmon win at least 1 game. Just a waste of a playoff spot. Any one below them would have given the Knights a fight.
Another way of looking at it is how this shows that more than anything else, hockey is a TEAM sport. Hopefully GMs around the league take notice and stop handing out astronomical contracts that handcuff the team or employ old players as coaches because they're buddies with the GM. More than a few of the teams are being mismanaged and should rightly be called out for it.

In the Kings case, they didn't have a deep enough team this year to go for it. They basically had two players showing up consistently. Not enough to deal with a deep team like the Knights.

Talon70

May 23, 2012
Honolulu, HI
L.A. never played poorly Vegas was just better in all 3 zones. And Quick was out dueled. By Fleury no less never thought I'd see the day.

Vegas had far more quality chances than the Kings and Fleury had far more support than Quick did. Quick was the losing goaltender but he was the better goaltender this series. Too bad his team hung him out to dry.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Vegas had far more quality chances than the Kings and Fleury had far more support than Quick did. Quick was the losing goaltender but he was the better goaltender this series. Too bad his team hung him out to dry.
Quick let in one questionable goal at a critical time I don't remember same for Fleury. I agree Quick was tossed to the wolves.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knights have to be a cup contender at this point. Can seeing them beating any team in these playoffs if things go right.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So you and HF saw Wild Bill being a 40g scorer?

You saw Theodore being a very good offensive defensemen leading the attack from the backend?

Engelland? Perron? Schmidt? You saw allll of this coming?

Outside of Marchessault (sp? I’m on phone), Fleury and Neal, you knew this?

Brother, I don’t want to search your post history in regards to VGK, but I doubt you...immensely. You are in the wrong business if your post history backs you up on this. I am talking posts from June - October 2017.
No one should be surprised by Theodore

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Miracle on Ice 2:

90 minutes of the movie is drama based leading up to the season with player outcasts wanting to prove themselves, mini montages at the gyms listening to eye of the tiger, kissing each other in the locker rooms, speeches and pre game pump ups

10 minutes montage of winning every game of the regular season and playoffs and then cuts to black

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
better ? I'm not convinced. I'd say almost as good as MAF and better by a mile than every other goalie in the playoffs, but Fleury was en fuego.
A bad bounce here or there could have changed the Quick:MAF pecking order but as it stands, I can't see a case for Quick outplaying MAF.

you can't blame MAF for not stopping the shots he didn't see.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
L.A. already has Kopitar, Brown, Carter, and Toffoli.

That's not enough, and not a single one of those guys is a top notch skater, which makes them easier to shut down. They have no depth at F outside of those 4 and Brown's year was a fluke and Toffoli fell off. They should have gone after Evander Kane when they had the chance.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I could say he was the equal tender in this series. Neither goalie let one by they shouldn't have.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
With the way that series is going it’s likely San Jose. Anaheim just looked so distraught and frustrated in game 3 maybe they bounce back but San Jose winning in 5 or sweeping looks very probable

Yea didnt realize SJ was dominating that series.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't really understand the King's management.
Last time they traded for a goalie, ok, then they trade for Phaneuf?
Hasn't scoring goals been a big issue? I'm no GM but I think I'd be looking for a scoring forward.

The Kings did look for a scoring forward, but they didn't want to pay the price for a legit one (so they cheaped out with Tobias Rieder). Part of it is that they don't have much left in the cupboard to offer, part is that they're too attached to their current players (ex. a player like Muzzin could've been swapped for a pretty good scorer) and part is that management is too confident in what they have and willing to "see how it goes." Remember, they desperately needed scoring last Summer and Blake's big splash was signing 35-year-old Cammalleri; then, as the trade deadline approached, there was a belief that they didn't need to trade for a scorer because getting Carter back from injury was like trading for one (never mind that they missed the playoffs last season even with Carter).

I don't see how it can be argued that Quick was the "better" goaltender when Fleury really didn't make a single mistake. He was an unsolvable wall. Quick faced more shots and chances, but he also let in more, including a few chances that, under similar circumstances, Fleury did save. It's probably not fair to Quick to say that he was outplayed by Fleury, but it's also not fair to Fleury to say that he was outplayed by Quick.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Probably still shook from Tkachuk and was too busy making sure he wasn’t on the ice instead

He's one of the precious few reasons we even had a shot, but the boxscore watchers won't see that.

For the series he was 57% CF, which was nearly 11% relative to team. No other LA d-man--not even his partners--came close. Next closest was Dion at 50%.

Relative zone start ration of nearly -10%, worst on the Kings, being hard matched against the top lines of other teams.

Dude completely tilted the ice and shut down the competition when he was on. We definitely needed more scoring from our top guys, and you can include Doughty in that crowd, but to pretend he's the reason we lost when he did as much creation from the back end as he could given the minutes he got is rough. Look at the flow of the game in G2 when he was missing vs. the other games. It's not an accident.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
As much as I am happy to see Vegas continue their route to the Cup, let's wait and see how they keep going.

I mean all games against LA were decided by a single goal. Besides, of all current match ups, this was the lowest scoring series so far...10 goals over 4 games.

Historically speaking, I would love for the Knights to go deep but lets wait and see for another series.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
As much as I am happy to see Vegas continue their route to the Cup, let's wait and see how they keep going.

I mean all games against LA were decided by a single goal. Besides, of all current match ups, this was the lowest scoring series so far...10 goals over 4 games.

Historically speaking, I would love for the Knights to go deep but lets wait and see for another series.

"Let's just wait and see"
-----------------------------

1) 8-2 start to the season. Ehh small sample size for the Knights, let's just wait and see.
2) Halfway through the season. Leading the Western Conference, ehh let's just wait and see.
3) Then leading the Pacific and winning the Pacific, ehh let's just wait and see.

Don't wait too long or you'll miss it. ;);)

Reactions: Catbug

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Let's just wait and see"
-----------------------------

1) 8-2 start to the season. Ehh small sample size for the Knights, let's just wait and see.
2) Halfway through the season. Leading the Western Conference, ehh let's just wait and see.
3) Then leading the Pacific and winning the Pacific, ehh let's just wait and see.

Don't wait too long or you'll miss it. ;);)

Sample size is too small ;)

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Theyre going to the cup finals, tbh wouldnt be surprised if they won it all. Craziest story in sports history if they do.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Theyre going to the cup finals, tbh wouldnt be surprised if they won it all. Craziest story in sports history if they do.

Or the Penguins will put an end to another surprise western conference opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->