Vegas Conf Finals ticket prices are skyrocketing

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Weird attention grabbing headline. Someone can post tickets for a trillion dollars... doesn't mean anyone is going to pay that ridiculous number.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Funny my tickets which I competitively priced on Stubhub all week didn't sell until 10 minutes before the cutoff time. I made a whopping $9/ticket after paying fees from what I paid for my season tickets.

Knights were pretty savvy at reading the market and charging a LOT more for this past round to the point where everyone I talked to who sold tickets made little to nothing on them. Let's see what happens in the Finals. I'm thinking what was $35 a game for my regular season ticket is going to cost me about 10 times as much. I made plenty during the regular season season selling about 3/4 of them so I won't complain, but still hard to believe any other teams would charge 6 to 7 times as much for a Conference Final seat than a regular season seat.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Funny my tickets which I competitively priced on Stubhub all week didn't sell until 10 minutes before the cutoff time. I made a whopping $9/ticket after paying fees from what I paid for my season tickets.

Knights were pretty savvy at reading the market and charging a LOT more for this past round to the point where everyone I talked to who sold tickets made little to nothing on them. Let's see what happens in the Finals. I'm thinking what was $35 a game for my regular season ticket is going to cost me about 10 times as much. I made plenty during the regular season season selling about 3/4 of them so I won't complain, but still hard to believe any other teams would charge 6 to 7 times as much for a Conference Final seat than a regular season seat.

I think the Knights definitely overestimated the demand for tickets at those price points. Tickets sat at face value for days for this round, whereas they were gone pretty much instantly for the first 2 rounds. I'm expecting $350 per game for the cheapest seat for the SCF. That's going to price a lot of people out, while also making it hard for STH's to break even selling them.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Playoff tickets are eventually going to double since the league gets their half for revenue sharing. My $55/seat tickets were $170/seat for the conference finals, and I'm sure I'm looking at $250/each for the Final.

It's important to remember that the teams involved only get to keep half of the money, though.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Playoff tickets are eventually going to double since the league gets their half for revenue sharing. My $55/seat tickets were $170/seat for the conference finals, and I'm sure I'm looking at $250/each for the Final.

It's important to remember that the teams involved only get to keep half of the money, though.

That's the power of the Vow, which I agreed with. I really wish I could go to all the games, but I couldn't so I didn't take it and now instead of paying 3 times as much as you are, I'm paying 7 times as much. I'm wondering if they will let up a bit on the price increases since they can see how much the sellers made with everything going through Stubhub. It couldn't have been much. Maybe instead of doubling the prices from the WCF they just increase them by 30-40%.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, my first glance at StubHub for the first SCF game had tickets priced starting ~$1k. That was yesterday. Down to $840 this afternoon.

Game "2" $800 and up. Game "3" $1045 and up.

At those prices, I will be very happily watching from home. I could even throw a watch party for less. :D

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Tickets for first Stanley Cup Final game in Las Vegas reach $10K on StubHub

On StubHub, a dominant resale site, asking prices for a ticket to the Knights’ first home game of the NHL’s championship round started at $836 on Tuesday and topped out at a jaw-dropping $10,260.
By Tuesday afternoon, some 2,300 tickets were available on StubHub for the game, and the average sales price was $1,167.

Seems a few people are more interested in making money than actually watching their team play.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

OTOH, there is no athlete pay coming out of playoffs gate.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Bitter about what? I'm just surprised more than anything, because if my team was playing in the Finals, no amount of money would get me to sell my tickets.

It happens in every f***ing market, I'm sure it happened in Winnipeg last round and if the Jets had advanced people there would be selling their tickets for ridiculous amounts. I know when the Canucks were in the final, tickets were selling for crazy prices on the second-hand market.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
It happens in every ****ing market, I'm sure it happened in Winnipeg last round and if the Jets had advanced people there would be selling their tickets for ridiculous amounts. I know when the Canucks were in the final, tickets were selling for crazy prices on the second-hand market.

It certainly did happen in Winnipeg. Fans would go 'well if I sell my tickets for one game, that'll pay for the rest of my tickets for this series'.

Reactions: Atticus Finch

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised the Knights let up on me, "only" $275 for the Finals. The progression slowed down a lot. If I actually can get $800 a ticket then I can attend two and sell a third game and be close to even.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Tickets for first Stanley Cup Final game in Las Vegas reach $10K on StubHub

On StubHub, a dominant resale site, asking prices for a ticket to the Knights’ first home game of the NHL’s championship round started at $836 on Tuesday and topped out at a jaw-dropping $10,260.
By Tuesday afternoon, some 2,300 tickets were available on StubHub for the game, and the average sales price was $1,167.

Seems a few people are more interested in making money than actually watching their team play.
The jets had trouble selling out their 15k arena @ $600 canadian in the WCF.

Knights arena was sold out with with tickets priced drastically higher. They also had crazy amounts of fans outside and the game yesterday showed more than the white out ever produced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad