Vegas Baby

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Welcome to the greatest league on earth that plays the greatest game on earth, Vegas fans! I joined just to say what a great move this is. Hope to make it down to for the home opener next fall. :handclap:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Can't wait to see who will be the first opponent in the first game for the Vegas team. Neighboring Kings, Ducks, Sharks, or Coyotes?

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Coyotes would be a good choice for developing a rivalry.

LA Kings is my choice - the T-Mobile would be crazy for a Kings/Vegas home opener.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Welcome Las Vegas!

I hope you will be a success story to shut up all the insufferable hockey elitists. Also, Jason Zucker. I want to see him being the first hometown hero for you guys.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
A hearty welcome to the NHL from a Bruins fan, Vegas. You worked your butt off, got 14K season tickets sold, and you're a great winter destination. You deserve it.

By the way, before the expansion draft next year, let me tell you about this defenseman we've got, Kevan Miller. He's got a GREAT future!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Welcome Guys

So early, I wasn't sure what thread to post in, so thought I would just make one (hope that is okay :))

Glad you guys got a team, and look forward to the first of many Hurricanes road trips to see all y'all play :)

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Ooh, shiny new forum for a shiny new team. Looking forward to the expansion draft and some day making the trip to see this unique city.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can't wait to see who will be the first opponent in the first game for the Vegas team. Neighboring Kings, Ducks, Sharks, or Coyotes?

Ducks is obviously my choice. One of LA or Anaheim would be geographically closer, but I think the league is gonna want to build the desert rivalry between Phoenix.

Welcome Vegas! Screw the haters!

Welcome Las Vegas!

I hope you will be a success story to shut up all the insufferable hockey elitists. Also, Jason Zucker. I want to see him being the first hometown hero for you guys.

Meh. There's always gonna be small market haters. The Ducks get haters among hockey elitists to this day who still think hockey in the sunbelt was a failure and a dumb idea (even though LA and Anaheim have grown hockey in California exponentially). And Southern California has three cups in the last decade. They're never gonna be pleased.

As for Zucker, my hope is that this team can bring him home. Also wouldn't mind them trying to acquire Zach Pochiro (Blues prospect). He's a bit of a longshot to make the NHL but if this team can get two guys from Las Vegas in the system that can only boost interest in youth hockey.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Believe it or not, this team means I have three NHL squads where I have family/friend connections with their home city.

Lucky me, I don't know anyone in Toronto.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
WOW!
Congrats to Las Vegas!
Special thanks to guys like Duckjet and especially BattleBorn for keeping us informed and entertained throughout this stupidly long process.
Hey, I'm a Canadian and would LOVE to see another team in T.O...the return of the Nordiques...a team in Halifax, Nova Scotia, (to make the NHL "coast-to-coast" in Canada)....
But I also want to see "my" game succeed in "non-traditional" markets, and I think that Las Vegas will be a fabulous addition to the league. Congratulations!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for the kind words CI. Hope I'll get to grab a brew with you at a game sometime :yo:

DuckJet for mod.

Holy hell man you have a home team to root for now what is the mood toward this news in Vegas?

Looking forward to a road trip to see the jets in Vegas.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Congrats guys. Panthers fan here. Looking forward to seeing you guys progress! Really looking forward to your jerseys as well. Hope you guys are successful in the near future!

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Welcome Guys! I was in Vegas 2 months ago for my honeymoon and fell in love with your city! I will definitely be making my way up for a Leafs road game in the next few years. Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad