Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another hot streak - 4-2-6 in his last 4. Would love it if he evened out his play down the stretch over the last 10 games of the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cataracts shutout and his latest cold snap reaches 5 games. He seems to produce in clusters. Since he was a MHL player when drafted, I wonder if they can continue to slow cook him in the KHL next year. Love his personality, torn over whether he warrants a contract after this season considering just how horrible Shawinagin is this year but being only mildly good as a over-ager raises some questions.

Maybe they should hire him to be their KHL PR guy.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Cataracts shutout and his latest cold snap reaches 5 games. He seems to produce in clusters. Since he was a MHL player when drafted, I wonder if they can continue to slow cook him in the KHL next year. Love his personality, torn over whether he warrants a contract after this season considering just how horrible Shawinagin is this year but being only mildly good as a over-ager raises some questions.

Maybe they should hire him to be their KHL PR guy.
An AHL contract seems like it would be appropriate?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So an ATO in a week? He has four more games left to his season with Shawinigan and they finish up next Saturday. With the manpower situation, it'll be telling if he isn't signed to at least an ATO at that time.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
From what I've seen of him, his demeanor/personality - there's a lot to like. From an organizational standpoint however he's Karabacekesque. I hope he proves me wrong.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From what I've seen of him, his demeanor/personality - there's a lot to like. From an organizational standpoint however he's Karabacekesque. I hope he proves me wrong.

He is very eager, seems like he's willing to skate through a wall for the team. But... overage season in the Q and while on a dumpster fire of a team, he's 20th in the Q in goals scored. Is that enough? I'm not in touch with the Q like I was in the Byron era (free Telus games were awesome), but it seems low for overall production for me. He has to be a difference maker as both an import and an overager, and is 29 goals on that tirefire of a team enough? Sexton is on record as wanting guys who have a shooter mentality and he's also 20th in shots in the Q. He is basically it for the Cataracts offense.

I suppose we will find out what the new staff thinks of him come next Sunday when his season and junior eligibility in NA are done.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His Q career comes to a close today with the Cataracts 5-3 loss to Drummondville. Now the question... ATO or no? Contract or not? 29 goals is not good overager production but the Cataracts are a disaster. Only 43 points as well, even if he was playing as a flex center. Faceoff % was low (40.5% on 587 draws) and he was a -23. 7 PPG and 7 PPA... I just don't know.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Don't waste a contract spot on someone who is not NHL material prospect please. Kids character is great but you also need to have the skills.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't waste a contract spot on someone who is not NHL material prospect please. Kids character is great but you also need to have the skills.

An ATO is not an NHL contract. They have his rights beyond this spring as he was drafted out of the MHL too, so they can let him go back overseas and work on his game. Or they could Fienhage/Austin him this summer and use their leverage as an AHL owner to sign him to an AHL only deal. But that doesn't stop them from offering him an ATO to end this season.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I can't fathom any reason at all not to give a give it all you've got kid like this a shot in Rochester. If anything his work ethic and drive to someday make the NHL despite lacking in the skill and size department should be good for our more skilled prospects there. And if he just isn't good enough... so what? Nothing wasted at all.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can't fathom any reason at all not to give a give it all you've got kid like this a shot in Rochester. If anything his work ethic and drive to someday make the NHL despite lacking in the skill and size department should be good for our more skilled prospects there. And if he just isn't good enough... so what? Nothing wasted at all.

That's why ATO now, not an ELC. If they keep some flexibility, they might be able to land UDFA once teams are eliminated, be they NCAA, CHL, or in Europe.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

MATCH Day-Cataracts will complete their 2017-2018 season today by visiting @Voltigeurs_DRU this afternoon! The start of the meeting is scheduled for 3:00 pm. In addition, it will be a last career match in the QMJHL for Samuel Blier and Vasily Glotov, both 20 years old.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
What next for Glotov? As much as he's show a commitment to the NA game, is he ready for the AHL? May make sense for him to go play in Europe for a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad