Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
November was not kind to Glotov.

Well December is starting out KIND to Glotov.

GOAL CATARACTS - doggies invade the ice while @Glotov97 registered his 11th of the season on Jan Drozg and @gsylvestre3 passes! It is tied 1-1.

GOAL CATARACTS - @Glotov97 creates equality with his 2nd of the game and is now 2-2.
Aid to @Manseau_22 and @gsylvestre3!

Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -
Vasily Glotov scores on the PP. That's his 11th. Shawinigan and Rimouski tied 1-1 early 1st.

Unfortunately Shawinigan lost the game to Rimouski - final was 6-4.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Cataractes_Shaw‏ @Cataractes_Shaw -
GOAL CATARACTS @Glotov97 double the advance of men by Daniel Renaud with his 16th of the season!
@Glotov97 gives Shawinigan has 2 goal lead!

BUT CATARACTES! @Manseau_22 repère @Glotov97 posté dans le haut des cercles de mise en jeu et ce dernier bat Émond entre les jambières pendant une supériorité numérique! 5-0 Shawinigan!
@Glotov97 strikes with his second of the game to make 5-0 Shawinigan!

BUT CATARACTS!! @Manseau_22 mark @Glotov97 posted in the top of the face-off circles and this last Emond bat between the pads for a numerical superiority! 5-0 Shawinigan!
@Glotov97 strikes with his second of the game to make 5-0 Shawinigan!

Fin de la partie au Centre Gervais-Auto.
Les Cataractes l'emportent 6-1 face aux @HuskiesRn. 32-31 les tirs au but pour les Huskies.

End of the game to the Gervais-Auto Center.
Cataracts prevail 6-1 against the @HuskiesRn. 32-31 shots on goal for the Huskies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He hasn't had an assist since October 25th. Seems like he's playing mostly wing. Hopefully he can keep up his pace.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Love this kid...I really hope he pans out. Would be awesome to see him with the Amerks next year.
I think that may be a little optimistic. His point totals are not exactly good in the Q even though he does play on the worst team in the league by all accounts. I'd think he would need 1 more year before going to the AHL but maybe he proves me wrong. What are his options for next year? I assume he can stay in the CHL 1 more year right?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I think that may be a little optimistic. His point totals are not exactly good in the Q even though he does play on the worst team in the league by all accounts. I'd think he would need 1 more year before going to the AHL but maybe he proves me wrong. What are his options for next year? I assume he can stay in the CHL 1 more year right?
I think he can play one more year in the Q or anywhere else in the CHL...they keep having to find him a spot due to the international player cap so that would be the issue more than anything else.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I am not sure of the legality but maybe they could loan him to Europe. Another option could be Cincinnati, it's a slight step up as he will be playing in a Men's pro league.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Buffalo Sabres‏ @BuffaloSabres -
A pair of #Sabres prospects recently hit the 20-goal mark -
Sabres Prospects Olofsson, Glotov Hit 20-Goal Mark

Vasily Glotov (2016, seventh round) connected for a pair of goals Thursday's to earn the game's first star as Shawinigan got past Val-d'Or 6-5 in overtime.

Glotov followed up on Saturday by making a nice move coming down the right side and dancing in for his 21st goal of the season while also notching an assist in the Cataractes' 8-6 loss to Rimouski.

Glotov's 21 goals are tied for ninth-most/29 in the QMJHL while his 29 total points lead the Cataractes through 39 games.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Fortunately, because he was not in the CHL at the time we drafted him, I believe the rights last longer for us than this year.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Fortunately, because he was not in the CHL at the time we drafted him, I believe the rights last longer for us than this year.
Fortunately? I don't think we will ever sign this kid. His numbers don't scream to me this kid will deserve a contract at some point. He's 20 years old and 0.7 PPG in Q. These are bad numbers. There are 39 18 year olds or under with better PPG numbers than him in the league...And at this age 2 years should tilt the numbers heavily in his favor. I know he's playing on a crap team but even then when he has 2, 3, even 4 years on some of the kids he's playing against he should be putting up better numbers than 0.7PPG in this league if he's ever to even compete for a contract.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A 20 year old player struggling even to keep his 0.8 PPG pace from last year playing kids.
Seems to be developing really well eh? Surely doesn't look like a lost couple of years. Couldn't see that happening at all!

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
A 20 year old player struggling even to keep his 0.8 PPG pace from last year playing kids.
Seems to be developing really well eh? Surely doesn't look like a lost couple of years. Couldn't see that happening at all!
Nothing is lost. He's a 7th rounder. These work out once in a blue moon. We have Olofsson potentially working out and also Weissbach seems to be doing fine as a 7th rounder in his D+1. It's highly unlikely Glotov makes it to a contract but nothing is lost from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad