Vapor XXX lite a bad investment?

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
Ok i'm ready for a step up in stick performance. I know there are probably threads on here talking about the Bauer Vapor XXX Lite and I know all about the performance but that is not my concern as I know the performance of this stick is incredible. My question is PURELY about the durability. This stick is pretty expensive and I have read a bunch of reviews saying the stick is great but they break within a couple of games on a consistant basis. Can anyone confirm this? I dont want to drop over $100 on a stick that wont last me a while.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
what you will prob want to do is save the LITE for game use only and have a matching pattern cheaper stick for practice. Anything that says LITE will not have the durability, just a given and its very true. I feel for the parents in the stands. The look on their face when one of the kids breaks a near 200 US stick is stunning... Have trouble keeping the puck down below the cross bar? a heavier stick tends to help add some control to that.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I read the durability issue was addressed. Let me see if I can find where I read it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I must have been mistaken. I couldn't find anything about the durability issue being addressed.

Last edited:

xeric716x

Born To Expire
Jun 20, 2006
New Jack City
www.facebook.com
my brother had one that lasted him about 8 months, he was playing 3 nights a week. after it broke he gave me the shaft (it broke about 1 1/2 above the kickpoint) and i threw a blade in there and just use it when i screw around in pickup and it hasnt given me any problems yet.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Ok, I broke 2 XXX-Lites in 2 games, and I don't have a blast of a shot, I just stickhandle a lot and get slashed a lot because of it, but the original Vapor XXX-lites with only the bauer logo on them were terrible which were the two that I had, the Vapor XXX-Lite with the Nike swoosh on it for NikeBauer supposedly has very good durability compared to any bauer stick and compared to most of the high end expensive sticks. I just bought a CNT Stealth Grip which feels very nice and sturdy, but the XXX-Lite was my favorite stick. I had 3 goals in a first period of my first game with it and broke it on the faceoff at the end of the first, the second one I had, I broke in an allstar game on a shot that hit off the crossbar from the top of the circles, but give it a try unless you're really hard on sticks. If so, go with the Stealth CNT. If you aren't too rough on your stick, I would think a XXX-lite would probably last a couple months at least.

the_pen_is_mightier

Aug 16, 2006
If $$$ is a concern, and you feel as if this stick is too expensive to break, avoid buying it.
Regardless as to how YOU play, there is always the chance that someone else can break your stick.
I've had 4 composites over the past year or so. I have NEVER broken one myself, however, I did have someone slash a 2-game old stick of mine and break it straight through the shaft.
I also find that when I'm concerned over the durability, I don't play to my fullest. In the back of my mind I fear breaking it, and so I don't shoot as hard, I'm not as aggressive in the corners, etc.
There are sooo many choices out there that you should be able to find a happy medium. Mine was the Sher-Wood Momentum 95 DS.
Seriously, not many of us non-professionals can take full advantage of these new sticks anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad