Van's 06 Draft

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
My draft of non-playoff teams as of now.

Pens-Johnson: weakness is d, he is BPA, and stud d-men are hard to come by

Blues-Kessel: Potential superstar, also american and is electrifying

Hawks-Staal: Get potential franchise centremen who can play both ends of the ice

Caps-Toews: wanted Centre (Staal) but gap between Toews and Mueller to big to pass and take Mueller

Jackets-Mueller: big skilled playmaking centre more suited for second line behind Brule

Bruins-Backstrom: to skilled to pass up at the 6 spot

Islanders-Frolik: Wanted Backstrom then wanted potential impact player which Frolik is

Coyotes-Brassard: BPA, top line potential

Panthers-Williams: have a feeling cats will grap a d-man and will love Williams potential

Wild-Sanguinetti: grab top offensive d-man in the draft and fill prospect weakness on defense

Kings-Okposo: love his power forward potential

Leafs-Sheppard: BPA, brings size and strength to current prospects, 2-way player

Thrashers-Little: BPA, centre with top end potential lacking in thrasher organization

Canucks-Emmerton: Creative centre with offensive game not present in nucks system

Honourable mention: Tlusty, and Wishart

also where will the first goalie go? i have no idea

Last edited:

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I could see Florida select Chris Stewart, Anthony's brother.
Little is from Toronto area and could be a Leafs target
Okposo could also be interesting for the Wild as he's from Minnesota.

Anyway, good effort... mock draft are always funny and interesting. :)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Ewww... I will cry if the Canucks Select Emmerton
That was actually the pick i had the most trouble with, i was also thinking Tlusty or Forney.

Edit: Also to me #14 or 15 depending on Tlusty (i dont know enough about him) is where the big drop off in this draft is.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
vanwychen27 said:
That was actually the pick i had the most trouble with, i was also thinking Tlusty or Forney.

Edit: Also to me #14 or 15 depending on Tlusty (i dont know enough about him) is where the big drop off in this draft is.

theres also a good Chance the Canucks end up with a higher pick than just 14th...

14. VCR = 90 points (1 Game In Hand)
13. ATL = 89 points (2 Games In Hand)
12. TOR = 86 points (3 Games In Hand)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
theres also a good Chance the Canucks end up with a higher pick than just 14th...

14. VCR = 90 points (1 Game In Hand)
13. ATL = 89 points (2 Games In Hand)
12. TOR = 86 points (3 Games In Hand)
True enough

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
I really like Okposo....but I think the Kings are really focused on drafting a defenseman in the 1st round this year. I see them trying for one of these 3..... Sanguinetti, Williams or Wishart.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
what type of player is little going to be (comparison) and as well how many points do you project a guy like him to average throughout his career???

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i have a feeling Mueller will drop out of the top 10 as teams will go for high risk, high reward types over him.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
samvcanucks007 said:
what type of player is little going to be (comparison) and as well how many points do you project a guy like him to average throughout his career???
A bit like Marc Savard or Mike Comrie, and he'll be around 65-75 PTS a year with some good years around 80-90, I think. I really like Little, I think he's good enough for top 5 or atleast around 7-8, because he got 100 PTS this year, and has steady first two seasons, and cause he can setup big plays, and score huge goals too.

So to sum it up: He's like Savard with more scoring touch, and will be around 70 PTS a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad