Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saabato

Sep 5, 2003
London, Ontario
rinkrat13 said:
Any thoughts on Vanek... What do you see this guy doing when/if he gets to the NHL.

I was just about to post a similar question. Please anybody that can give us an update on his progress and what kind of player he projects out to be in a few years. Thanks.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Saabato said:
I was just about to post a similar question. Please anybody that can give us an update on his progress and what kind of player he projects out to be in a few years. Thanks.

I know that Vanek is having another good year (so far) - GP12 G8 A5 PTS18 PIM26 and hes career stats at Minnesota are - GP57 G39 A36 PTS75

What I'd like to know is what others feel about him... what do you think he will progress? I've read everything from (best case) Hossa (worse case) L.Robitaille.

The reason I;m asking is cuz I have him in our keeper pool and have been offered a deal I'm seriously thinking about making - Bondra & two 2nd Rounders for Stumpel & Vanek (Bondra will be traded for help on D that I need desperately and the two 2nd rounders will prob get me two REALLY good prospetc ie. Barker, Olesz, Malkin, Woywita, Taffe, Parise etc) WHAT WUOLD YOU DO?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
rinkrat13 said:
I know that Vanek is having another good year (so far) - GP12 G8 A5 PTS18 PIM26 and hes career stats at Minnesota are - GP57 G39 A36 PTS75

What I'd like to know is what others feel about him... what do you think he will progress? I've read everything from (best case) Hossa (worse case) L.Robitaille.

The reason I;m asking is cuz I have him in our keeper pool and have been offered a deal I'm seriously thinking about making - Bondra & two 2nd Rounders for Stumpel & Vanek (Bondra will be traded for help on D that I need desperately and the two 2nd rounders will prob get me two REALLY good prospetc ie. Barker, Olesz, Malkin, Woywita, Taffe, Parise etc) WHAT WUOLD YOU DO?

From what I've seen of Vanek THIS season (and I've already seen Minnesota play several times), he's getting better....or should I say he's a more "confident" player, especially since Minnesota seems to have gotten their perennial act together as far as winning some games and playing like a team rather than a bunch of individuals that just happen to wear the same uni. More importantly (and to the point) Vanek's offensive production has picked up and rather nicely I might add. While he's got the confidence and offensive part of his game pretty well in hand, I'm still worried about the defensive side of his game. Far too often, I've seen him create turnovers, some of which have resulted in goals for the opposition. Another area I'm a bit concerned about with Vanek is the taking of unnecessary penalties. For instance, there were about 3 infractions in the game vs. Michigan State tonight that could've been called on Vanek. The most blatant one was an unnecessary trip. Fortunately for Vanek and Minnesota they didn't get called, but he/they may not be so lucky next time. However, one area of Vanek's game that seems to be improving (I believe this could fall in the "confidence" catagory) is his physical game. He seems to be playing the body alot more and doing so with some authority. He laid a very nice (brutal) check on MSU's Jim Slater in the game earlier tonight.

Bottom line is, if Vanek can improve his overall defensive play (especially those turnovers!) and cut down taking the occasional dumb penalty, he'll be a wonderful asset to your team.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
Oilers Chick said:
From what I've seen of Vanek THIS season (and I've already seen Minnesota play several times), he's getting better....or should I say he's a more "confident" player, especially since Minnesota seems to have gotten their perennial act together as far as winning some games and playing like a team rather than a bunch of individuals that just happen to wear the same uni. More importantly (and to the point) Vanek's offensive production has picked up and rather nicely I might add. While he's got the confidence and offensive part of his game pretty well in hand, I'm still worried about the defensive side of his game. Far too often, I've seen him create turnovers, some of which have resulted in goals for the opposition. Another area I'm a bit concerned about with Vanek is the taking of unnecessary penalties. For instance, there were about 3 infractions in the game vs. Michigan State tonight that could've been called on Vanek. The most blatant one was an unnecessary trip. Fortunately for Vanek and Minnesota they didn't get called, but he/they may not be so lucky next time. However, one area of Vanek's game that seems to be improving (I believe this could fall in the "confidence" catagory) is his physical game. He seems to be playing the body alot more and doing so with some authority. He laid a very nice (brutal) check on MSU's Jim Slater in the game earlier tonight.

Bottom line is, if Vanek can improve his overall defensive play (especially those turnovers!) and cut down taking the occasional dumb penalty, he'll be a wonderful asset to your team.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
It did help ME a lot! Thx for the recap. Great job! :D

KillToronto

Just search this board for a little while and you'll find 10,000 threads that have something to do with Vanek in them. There's no need to start YET ANOTHER thread about Vanek. While we're at it, why don't we just start another Crosby or Ovechkin thread? Maybe a Michalek thread? :dunno:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
KillToronto said:
Just search this board for a little while and you'll find 10,000 threads that have something to do with Vanek in them. There's no need to start YET ANOTHER thread about Vanek. While we're at it, why don't we just start another Crosby or Ovechkin thread? Maybe a Michalek thread? :dunno:

not to be an ass... but if you dont wont to read this thread (or any thread for that matter) don't look at it... it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad