Vanek with his 700th point

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
And 335 of them have been goals they said.

People out west should know Vanek has scored goals like this maybe ten times in his career. Three or four were in shootouts. YouTube has a bunch. He was really good for that.

On a side note Ottawa looks like complete dog ****. Yeah yea I’m a sabres fan but absolutely no jump. Karlsson has a bit but the players absolutely were dreadful in the second half more specifically. The shot count doesent beat the eye test here. Yeah first game on home ice after a dominant road trip, yeah first game with superstar back, against a lower team ...with Nilsson getting his first start and he’s always has good numbers.

This had the recipe for a Vancouver win from the beginning.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Good for Vanek. :clap:
Having enjoyed the high scoring game of decades gone by, seeing 700 points didn't exactly knock my socks off, at first. It is however a terrific result for a career spanning the period Vanek's has to this point. Back then it seemed like every season a couple players were bearing down on 1000pts or 500g, or higher numbers.

member 105785

He's been downright acceptable in Vancouver so far, happy with the signing.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
great goal, great accomplishment.

I am still surprised that every team Vanek signs for these past few years people are surprised that hey...that guy can play and isn't as bad as I thought he would be.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Congrats to him.

TBH, though, I'm not a fan. I think he's been underwhelming for a player of his ability for some time now. He should have been a notable player longer.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
And 335 of them have been goals they said.

People out west should know Vanek has scored goals like this maybe ten times in his career. Three or four were in shootouts. YouTube has a bunch. He was really good for that.

On a side note Ottawa looks like complete dog ****. Yeah yea I’m a sabres fan but absolutely no jump. Karlsson has a bit but the players absolutely were dreadful in the second half more specifically. The shot count doesent beat the eye test here. Yeah first game on home ice after a dominant road trip, yeah first game with superstar back, against a lower team ...with Nilsson getting his first start and he’s always has good numbers.

This had the recipe for a Vancouver win from the beginning.

I'm no OTT fan, but why are you bashing a team that won road games by scores of 6-0 and 6-1 just last week when your own team has been dismal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->