Vanek, Horton, Carter, or Zherdev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriusBUG

Jan 14, 2006
Who do you see having the best year next year? Horton, Vanek, J. Carter, Zherdev.

I'm in a keeper pool where I can keep 8 players from year to year. I can only keep 3 (I have Staal, Ovechkin, Hossa, Richards, and Havlat)

Which 3 should I keep???

Any help is appreciated.

X0ssbar

Pantokrator said:
Horton, if healthy is the man. After that I wo8uld take Zherdev, depending on who he plays with.

Z's been playing on a line with Nash and Fedorov. He has 14 points in the past 14 games. He's starting to warm up as is that entire line.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
quite frankly 85% of the league would score a point per game playing wing with nash and feds.

NotoriusBUG

Jan 14, 2006
Thanks for all your suggestions.

I was leaning toward keeping Zherdev no matter what because of his talent and his potential. I also like Horton a lot.

I think it's going to come down to either Carter or Vanek, and how strong each of those two finish the year will determine my final decision.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Im a homer, and you all know it but Horton will be the best IMO. He has everything, great scorer, physically very good, good puckhandling etc. All round package, should be a beast.
Zherdev has all the talent in the world offensively, and playing with Nash he should blossom.
Vanek and Carter are good, personally id rather have Vanek. He is probably more flashier.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
for a fantasy keeper pool....
1) Zherdev - even if Nash is what makes him produce more, so what? He could be with Nash for years.
2) Horton - his style of play could lead to missed games due to injuries.
3) Vanek - Really, really good...but a healthy Horton is probably better.
4) Carter - I'd love to see what he could do with more ice time.

NotoriusBUG

Jan 14, 2006
Thanks again for all your help.
Let me throw another wrinkle into this mix. I will probably go with Horton, Zherdev and Vanek as long as all stay healthy and Carter doesn't break out in the 2nd half. However, I also have Henrick Lundqvist. Is he for real? Are the Rangers?

Would you keep him over Vanek or Zherdev? I would like to keep 8 forwards and draft my goalies next year but if Lundqvist is a star in the making I wouldn't want to give him up...

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Horton.
was really undervalued because of injury problems, but has bounced back very nicely this year.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I don't know why Vanek is getting so little love here. Keep in mind Zherdev and Hortorn have a little more NHL experience than him, and I think Vanek is the most natural scorer of the bunch - while not having quite as much raw talent as Zherdev. I'd go:
Vanek
Zherdev
Horton (most consistent while healthy)

Carter (even though I'm still a fan)

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Top 3

All the 3 players above will be excellent NHL players for years to come. I strongly believe that Jeff Carter will be the most dominant out of that group.

As for next year:

1. Horton - if the Panthers don't resign Yokinen.
2. Carter - if you watched him play last night you can see how dominant the guy can be...he's fast, big and tough to knock off the puck...once he gains a little more trust from the coaching staff, he's going to be terrific...that's only a season away.
3. Zherdev - will continue to play on the top line and should pick up a lot of points from Nash's play.
4. Vanek - exceptional skill and will be on the top line full time next year but Buffalo likes roll out all their lines, so playing time may limit his upside. Long-term I'd take Vanek over Zherdev.

CoolburnIsGone

If you have to take 3 out of the 4, then Horton and Zherdev are clearly the top choices. After that it, its probably a bit harder. I think I like Carter just a tad more than Vanek. I just think Carter will be more consistent throughout his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->