Confirmed with Link: Vanderbeek Sole Devils Owner

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Aside from the Chambers connection to Newark that he's always had that was pretty evident considering how Chambers made no public appearances for the team and how little Gilfillan made appearances

JVB has been the only partner that has constantly/consistently been there for the team and given his rooting interest as a fan, it doesn't come as a surprise

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Aside from the Chambers connection to Newark that he's always had that was pretty evident considering how Chambers made no public appearances for the team and how little Gilfillan made appearances

JVB has been the only partner that has constantly/consistently been there for the team and given his rooting interest as a fan, it doesn't come as a surprise

Not to mention that Chambers wasn't in the public AT ALL, until Brick City wanted out.

Go figure that one out...

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Not to mention that Chambers wasn't in the public AT ALL, until Brick City wanted out.

Go figure that one out...

Yup, and to furthermore show how little he/they cared about the team, Brick City stopped fronting the team/arena $$

As far as Chambers and Gilfillan go in Devils history, they ideally did nothing other than help get us the arena

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yup, and to furthermore show how little he/they cared about the team, Brick City stopped fronting the team/arena $$

As far as Chambers and Gilfillan go in Devils history, they ideally did nothing other than help get us the arena

I think part of the problem with that was that they hit their end game much quicker then they thought.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I think part of the problem with that was that they hit their end game much quicker then they thought.

For Newark's sake that was a good thing

I'm sure you would agree to an extent, for me I've been pleasantly surprised with how much has been done in the area around the arena in a quick amount of time - think of everything that has been built and added to the area in the past 5 years (although we're still waiting on triangle park :laugh:)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It looks like TG thinks the Devils knocked about 20% off their debt total.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Don't know exact number. Was $78 mil. Maybe half. RT @rrekaj13: @TGfireandice how much debt do Devils now have in total as a result of this?

Forbes had the Devils debt at $230 million and NY Post said over $250 million, so splitting different, assuming everyone has their numbers and guesses close, that's about 1/5 of the debt off the books.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
fair enough. IMO, jeff pulled the strings to sign him to get ***** in the seats. and we had the worst start in team history (i think). he is a trapazoid peg in a rhombus hole. we somehow got away from the '5 20 goals scorers' mentality, the lunchpail mentality, that got us 3 cups. for what?

(last season was an irrelevant fluke)

fact is, lou didnt want to sign him. he didnt even want to trade for him. he doesnt even lift! it was all jeff, and i dont like the new direction this club is taking...now with jeff solely at the helm? god help us all

:laugh: It always amuses me when you do these. Too bad nobody else appreciates your sarcasm like I do.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
103004198_crop_650x440.jpg

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Anyone else love how, in the BoH section, the NY Post's apocalyptic articles garnered these huge threads, but then positive news comes out and the thread on that gets little chatter lol.. Haters gonna hate, hucksters gonna huck :P

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Anyone have a guess as to our debt/value ratio?

Forbes had it at 112% in their last release. The Team Value was at $205 million, so the debt was $230 million.

If they paid down $40 million, which was TG's guess, then the current debt/value ratio is 93% based on Forbes numbers.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Forbes had it at 112% in their last release. The Team Value was at $205 million, so the debt was $230 million.

If they paid down $40 million, which was TG's guess, then the current debt/value ratio is 93% based on Forbes numbers.

80% and lower is considered good, so this is a huge step in the right direction, with a lower interest rate now to help out.. Plus he now has time to either come up with the $ himself or sell some pieces

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone else love how, in the BoH section, the NY Post's apocalyptic articles garnered these huge threads, but then positive news comes out and the thread on that gets little chatter lol.. Haters gonna hate, hucksters gonna huck :P

I think there's something a little more important for the NHL that's being discussed in the BoH right now, don't you? Like a week to go until the possible canceling of ANOTHER season? Nobody's going to care about the Devil ownership situation when the league is on the verge of sucking itself down a black whole and us with it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

I wonder how many casual fans thought Vanderbeek was already the sole owner of the team, considering what you said pertaining to him being the only partner to show his face in public. (The two of us and BC spotting him behind the Rock after welcoming back the team from LA comes to mind.)

I know I was one of those fans until I was like 16.

"What? JVB isn't the only owner? Derp."

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
pretty simple to figure that a lower principle combined with a lower rate equals a lower monthly payment.

This is clearly a good thing. We are clearly in a better spot now then we were before.

Getting guys off board that did not want to be on board is a good thing as well.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Vultures, the lot of them.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone else love how, in the BoH section, the NY Post's apocalyptic articles garnered these huge threads, but then positive news comes out and the thread on that gets little chatter lol..

I'd say it's more an indicator that you personally haven't noticed that virtually all threads have substantially light volume during the lockout.

Hell, 74 posts in just under 24 hours is an absolutely SCREAMINGLY fast thread pace at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
:laugh: unappreciated in my own time. c'est la vie

I appreciate you! Maybe it's just my sense of humor though.:nod: The only complaint is sometimes I can't tell when you're making a serious post like the post about today about Boudreau, and the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->