Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

JPat asks great questions in the scrums. When Botch is used to standing along side guys like Kuzma or Imac who have zero personality and lob softballs, it's no wonder he gushes over Paterson.

Yeah, but we get it. JPat is a good reporter. Do we need endless sections of his blog talking about this? It's boring.

Reactions: The Drop

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Is it surprising though? Whoever has the radio rights, toes the company line. Can't be too critical, always be positive. Now they don't have the rights, and 650 does, they'll swing to the other side. Try to appeal to that demographic.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's not that it's bad that they are no longer being shills, it's just pathetic that its now completely clear that's what they had been all along.
Totally agree. Now they will say this trade was bad and that signing was bad when at the time it was made they were positive about them. Don't be hypocrites. Stand by your beliefs and thoughts. It's on record btw.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don't know if this fits in this specific thread, but I just wanted to put on record that I hate the Canucks social media team and digital communication department. I've basically blocked them on social media due to the constant stream of crap they spew out.

Reactions: The Drop

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
For the first time this year I was able to listen to the 650 play by play for last game and man is it a giant leap forward compared to the guy they had the last couple of years.

Having said that, I understand that 1040 now have an in-game analysis going on during the game where they chat with people via twitter, etc about the game as it's going on. I'm imagining they are trying to duplicate a scenario where a bunch of buddies are sitting around talking about the game. Never heard it before but going to give it a listen tonight while watching the game at home.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
For the first time this year I was able to listen to the 650 play by play for last game and man is it a giant leap forward compared to the guy they had the last couple of years.

Having said that, I understand that 1040 now have an in-game analysis going on during the game where they chat with people via twitter, etc about the game as it's going on. I'm imagining they are trying to duplicate a scenario where a bunch of buddies are sitting around talking about the game. Never heard it before but going to give it a listen tonight while watching the game at home.
I agree. batchelor is actually pretty good. Hirsch on the other hand is bad

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I liked Hirsch as a studio analyst but he's really struggling as a colour guy.

Batchelor, on the other hand, is a nice upgrade from Abbott.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
lol at the Kurtenbloggers for thinking last night was going to be an easy 2 points for the Canucks because Khudobin was starting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I find Corey Hirsch quite bad. I don't like his style and he has very reactionary opinions to things. Plus, those opinions aren't good. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but he's a step down from the very-average and bland Tomlinson.

Batchelor is an upgrade on Abbott, but it would be almost impossible to not be an upgrade. So far so good with this one.

As for the stations, I've been enjoying 1040. Kurtenblog has been good. I actually find Gilman extremely boring at times, and his opinions on anything not related to his time here in management very questionable. Don't get me wrong I love the insider information he has in regards to era he was in management here, but aside from those stories he does nothing for me.

650 is filled with non-personalities and is probably not a viable station if not for the Canuck rights. The ratings for 650 are going to be extremely low and I expect some changes very, very quickly.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I've said this many times in the past. Rob Fai has by far the best show on Team 1040 now that he has a late night show.

This guy needs to have a prime time show. He's so much more fun to listen to than anyone on the station.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Cybulski defending Bob Mcnair is really not helping sell an already underwhelming product

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I've said this many times in the past. Rob Fai has by far the best show on Team 1040 now that he has a late night show.

This guy needs to have a prime time show. He's so much more fun to listen to than anyone on the station.
late night show???

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
it's november 1st, i just woke up. went to the province to read the provies but the province says i've reached my 10 free articles of the month. i. just. woke. up and it's the 1st of the month lol.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Really enjoyed today's. I was a bit pissed off when he baled on the Lack start for the Heritage Classic though, I feel there was a bit more than just deferring to the coach on that one.

Yeah but I think there was a little bit of cold bloodedness when he mentioned the team standing and the proximity to the trade deadline. Think about it...

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Yeah but I think there was a little bit of cold bloodedness when he mentioned the team standing and the proximity to the trade deadline. Think about it...
It just seems he dumped everything on Torts while saying that Management and Ownership were upset by the call. He even mentioned the custom pads and the family and friends in the crowd. Seems like damage control.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think I've surpassed peak Botch. He used to be a solid, younger voice with a bit of cynicism in a market full of grandpas. Now he's all shtick and I can't listen to, or read, much of anything he does.

Reactions: ALoudmouthedIdiot

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Ya I don’t even find the Provies “Must read” anymore.

There isn’t much there anymore and there’s just way too much JPat references is there and they aren’t even funny. Flat JPat is one of the dumbest unfunny memes he keeps trying to make

Reactions: ALoudmouthedIdiot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->