Value of: Vancouver Canucks-Buffalo Sabres

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Eichel for Horvat, Boeser, and Pettersson might get us thinking. So no this one isn't even close frankly. Teams go decades without getting a player like Eichel, he's an absolute freak.

That’s okay, cause any two of those guys has us laughing

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Jesus Eichel is the most overrated player in NHL history. He has a 10 mil contract and hasn't hit ppg yet and he's turning 23.

He's not in Matthews McDavid tier. Stop pretending.

He would have to hit 90 points per year for that contract to be worth it.
Putting Matthews and McDavid in the same tier is lol-worthy.

Eichel absolutely should be hitting 90 points a year when we actually have some players around him. It's not outlandish at all to expect that from him. He's also still only 21.

That’s okay, cause any two of those guys has us laughing
Same here my friend same here

We all value our own young stars over other teams young stars

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
To ge fair there was much more ooen play pist lockiut. If eichel played in the 055/06 or 06/07 he likely be very close to those numbers.

Malkin is in the tail end of his prime & scored 98pts this past season...just don't think there's a young player in the league that compares to him right now.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Vancouver Canucks-Buffalo Sabres

This trade won’t happen for obvious reasons, but I’m posting this for a few reasons:

1) I want to know if my proposed trade is fair value and would make sense for both teams.

2) I want to know if my proposed trade would hypothetically address the needs of both teams.

So here goes......

To Buffalo: Brock Boeser + 2018 1st
To Vancouver: Jack Eichel

Buffalo gets a winger that can finish + the 7th overall. Even without Eichel, the Sabres have a great shot of being extremely deep down the middle. Reinhart seems to have taken a leap in his game, while Mittelstadt is developing quite nicely and is waiting in the wings. The Sabres would still have O’Reilly. Trading Eichel would reduce the Sabres cap space.

Vancouver would get an alpha center while Horvat would go to where he should go; anchoring the 2nd line. With Eichel in Vancouver, the Canucks could turn develop Pettersson as a winger (Pettersson pretty much takes Boeser’s old role).

Think of why you want Eichel. Then assume your team has him. Would you give him up?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Boesers 16% shooting is definitely sustainable. And his 62% ozs on a bad team isn't sheltered at all. And wingers are definitely more important then centers.

Horrible. Add a lot more and then come back.
He has arguably the 2nd or 3rd best wristshot in the league. Kid's going to score a lot of goals, regardless of his shooting percentage.

That said, I would pretty easily do this deal, but don't see Buffalo doing it without a good add, rightfully so.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Think of why you want Eichel. Then assume your team has him. Would you give him up?

If my team was missing an elite winger, but had a very good center (O’Reilly) and two other guys that would likely become great centers (Reinhart and Mittelstadt), AND my team was rebuilding, then I would at least consider the idea of trading for an elite winger AND acquiring a 7th overall pick (a pick that has a reasonable shot of being a good defenseman, good winger, etc.). AND I would reduce cap space.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If my team was missing an elite winger, but had a very good center (O’Reilly) and two other guys that would likely become great centers (Reinhart and Mittelstadt), AND my team was rebuilding, then I would at least consider the idea of trading for an elite winger AND acquiring a 7th overall pick (a pick that has a reasonable shot of being a good defenseman, good winger, etc.). AND I would reduce cap space.

...And then you remembered how much more valuable the center position is and realized why those players almost never move. Reinhart and ROR are both perfectly good wingers if we need them to be (Reinhart's spent very little time at C, tbh). If we actually did have too many centers (whatever that looks like), is there any rational part of you that thinks Buffalo would look to solve that "problem" by trading its best player?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
...And then you remembered how much more valuable the center position is and realized why those players almost never move. Reinhart and ROR are both perfectly good wingers if we need them to be (Reinhart's spent very little time at C, tbh). If we actually did have too many centers (whatever that looks like), is there any rational part of you that thinks Buffalo would look to solve that "problem" by trading its best player?
Fair enough

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Putting Matthews and McDavid in the same tier is lol-worthy.

Eichel absolutely should be hitting 90 points a year when we actually have some players around him. It's not outlandish at all to expect that from him. He's also still only 21.

Same here my friend same here

We all value our own young stars over other teams young stars

Fair point

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Jesus Eichel is the most overrated player in NHL history. He has a 10 mil contract and hasn't hit ppg yet and he's turning 23.

He's not in Matthews McDavid tier. Stop pretending.

He would have to hit 90 points per year for that contract to be worth it.

The Matthews/Mcdavid tier? No it’s a McDavid tier. He’s above Matthews right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->