GDT: Vancouver @ Calgary 7:00 MT SNW and SNP

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
4th line and 3rd pairing were pretty rough overall last night for sure.

Markstrom won them the game, but we certainly didn't do ourselves any favors defensively.

I think I also bitched about the referring enough last night. Brutal.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Terrible 3rd but they played well in the first two and the Canucks goalie was in beast mode. Good for him.

But the top line is absolutely flying right now. Gaudreau looks better than I ever remember him being.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Terrible 3rd but they played well in the first two and the Canucks goalie was in beast mode. Good for him.

But the top line is absolutely flying right now. Gaudreau looks better than I ever remember him being.

Monahan has also really stepped his game up, he's looked a lot more engaged in the play and along the boards. Ferland is still hit and miss depending on the game, but the line is really going right now. The goal that was called back last night as bullshit.

These offside goals are stupid, enough with this dumb challenge. The non-offside call has no effect on the play, so many goals have been scored the past two years that were offside by a quarter of an inch and get called back because of the rule. I don't care about the technicality, most of these goals are barely offside (which is fine because the linesman will always have some error of failure) and the non call has no effect on the play. It's stupid. The rule should have been used for these obvious 1 foot offside plays, not these rinky dink nothing plays that have no effect on the play.

What's equally as frustrating is when you see clear penalties not get called after this, like Versteeg getting his stick slashed in half after passing the puck; like you have two refs and no one is paying attention? What the hell are they watching then? Flames should have had a 1:40 5 on 3. And the non penalty on Gaudreau which was followed up by a Hamilton penalty was beyond atrocious. Clear as day interference/roughing with Gaudreau by Vanek, then he gets shoved and dives and we get the penalty. f***ing awful. And the "holding" call on Stone for "holding" Vanek. Awful, Vanek doesn't even attempt to move, Stone touches him for barely a second and is somehow a hold. It's only holding if the guy is actually trying to skate, if the guy is standing still and not trying to move, it isn't a hold you incompetent morons. Going back now, I forgot how bad the officiating was.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
We warned you Flames fans.. we warned you Bart was our dedicated Tank Commander last season and that's the only role he'll ever thrive in.

Reactions: Dack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad