GDT: Vancouver @ Calgary 7:00 MT SNW and SNP

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Gulutzan scelestus est. Quid est, quod usura Kulak et Bartkowski HYMENAEOS est, praesertim quod rectum est Jeps traditur iecit?

Translation: Gulutzan is a criminal. Why is he using Kulak and Bartkowski as a pairing, especially as Andersson is a right handed shot?

Anyways for our projected lineups:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland (Mep)
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik (Yay!)
Bennett-Jankowski-Jagr (Please score 10 goals each in this game thanks)
Versteeg-Lazar-Brouwer (The anti-JOFA line)

Giordano-Hamilton (Great nothing more needs to be said)
Brodie-Stone (Alright, not too bad).
Kulak-Bartkowski (Gulutzan scelestus est.....)

Mike Smith

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That is a sexy third line on paper.

Which, according to Google translate, is "Tertium est Lorem litteris" in Latin.

Which, according to Google translate, is "The third letter is a lorem" in English.

Which according to Google translate, is "Tertia est epistula lorem" in Latin.

Which, according to Google translate, is "The third letter lorem" in English.

At which point we finally achieve agreement.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Canucks played last night so here's hoping it's not the Flames looking like the team that played the previous night to start this one. Would love to see Bennett get that monkey off his back tonight. Stoked to get Jagr back.

Go Flames!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
#freeAndersson

Solid forward line up though. Well, other than maybe Versteeg who could use a night or three in the pressbox.

Jagr is older than both his linemates combined.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
As silly as it may sound this early in the season, it would be pretty nice to win this 4 point game essentially and leapfrog Vancouver.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Bartkowski wasn't good last game (understatement).

I'd definitely think Andersson wouldn't be any worse.

Glen's probably scared of a young pairing (typical of him).

Reactions: Dack

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Bartkowski wasn't good last game (understatement).

I'd definitely think Andersson wouldn't be any worse.

Glen's probably scared of a young pairing (typical of him).

I don’t get the fear. He’s been playing on the topline, he’s been being groomed for this. We should be putting him in a position to succeed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
To me there is two key things to coaching.
1) x’s and o’s- gulutzan is good at this

2) player usage/judging talent/having the stones to sit vets- Gulutzan might be the worst at this in the league.

#2 is something that every fanbase seems to think their coach is the worst in the league at, so hefty grain of salt there.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Incredible that Gulutzan wants so badly to play vets that he's willing to break his own handedness rules. Irresistible force vs immovable object.

On the upside, I didn't think we'd be seeing Jagr for another few games, so I'm thrilled he's back. Go Flames!

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
I'll be at work tonight but I have the game on PVR. Always love watching this rival between the Flames and the Canucks! Go Flames Go!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Cant watch tonight. I predict that Jagr pots one. The third line is due a goal or two

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
#2 is something that every fanbase seems to think their coach is the worst in the league at, so hefty grain of salt there.

Yeah, I'm gonna chime in on this too. Fans being unhappy with player usage is something universal with pretty much every fanbase in the NHL. Lets not pretend we are unique butterflies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Incredible that Gulutzan wants so badly to play vets that he's willing to break his own handedness rules. Irresistible force vs immovable object.

On the upside, I didn't think we'd be seeing Jagr for another few games, so I'm thrilled he's back. Go Flames!

Well take my advice, when you love or hate something, sometimes it's the one you desire/don't desire the most that wins out lol.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
How sad is it that our #6 D-man (Bartkowski) is bad enough to literally have the chance to cost us a win each and every night?

It's an absolute joke that he's in the lineup. Absolute garbage player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->