Vancouver 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I've read in several sites that 10 teams will be going to the Games in Vancouver instead of 12 whereas the NHL wants a reduction in games not to tire their players but IIHF will have at least more than just 3 round-robin games; that said if 10 teams do go and if the rankings pan out as they are now...

Current Rankings.
1.Sweden
2.Czech Republic
3.Canada
4.Finland
5.Russia
6.Slovakia
7.USA
8.Switzerland
9.Latvia
10.Belarus

Then that means it is likely the teams will be split into two groups, so the groups would look like this...
Group A
1.Sweden
3.Canada
5.Russia
7.USA
9.Latvia

Group B
2.Czech Republic
4.Finland
6.Slovakia
8.Switzerland
10.Belarus

It seems likely that top 4 in each group will advance to quarterfinals, which I hope will happen.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I've read in several sites that 10 teams will be going to the Games in Vancouver instead of 12 whereas the NHL wants a reduction in games not to tire their players but IIHF will have at least more than just 3 round-robin games; that said if 10 teams do go and if the rankings pan out as they are now...

Current Rankings.
1.Sweden
2.Czech Republic
3.Canada
4.Finland
5.Russia
6.Slovakia
7.USA
8.Switzerland
9.Latvia
10.Belarus

Then that means it is likely the teams will be split into two groups, so the groups would look like this...
Group A
1.Sweden
3.Canada
5.Russia
7.USA
9.Latvia

Group B
2.Czech Republic
4.Finland
6.Slovakia
8.Switzerland
10.Belarus

It seems likely that top 4 in each group will advance to quarterfinals, which I hope will happen.

Now here's what I think will happen..
Group A
x1.Canada 4-0-0
x2.Russia 3-1-0
x3.Sweden 2-2-0
x4.Latvia 0-3-1
5.USA 0-3-1

Group B
x1.Finland 3-1-0
x2.Slovakia 2-2-0
x3.Switzerland 2-2-0
x4.Czech Republic 2-2-0
5.Belarus 0-4-0

Quarterfinals---
Canada vs Czech Republic 2-3 (so) (too much pressure will overwhelm home team)
Slovakia vs Sweden 4-3 (this is their breakthrough)
Russia vs Switzerland 3-4 (overcofident russians won't play as a team while swiss do and play the game of their century)
Finland vs Latvia 7-1 (kipper lets one in just to be nice)

Semis-
Czech Republic vs Slovakia 2-0
Finland vs Switzerland 3-1

Bronze
Slovakia vs Switzerland 2-3 (so) (gerber earns mvp!)

Gold
Czech Republic vs Finland 1-2 (they finally win it)

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Now here's what I think will happen..
Group A
x1.Canada 4-0-0
x2.Russia 3-1-0
x3.Sweden 2-2-0
x4.Latvia 0-3-1
5.USA 0-3-1

Group B
x1.Finland 3-1-0
x2.Slovakia 2-2-0
x3.Switzerland 2-2-0
x4.Czech Republic 2-2-0
5.Belarus 0-4-0

Quarterfinals---
Canada vs Czech Republic 2-3 (so) (too much pressure will overwhelm home team)
Slovakia vs Sweden 4-3 (this is their breakthrough)
Russia vs Switzerland 3-4 (overcofident russians won't play as a team while swiss do and play the game of their century)
Finland vs Latvia 7-1 (kipper lets one in just to be nice)

Semis-
Czech Republic vs Slovakia 2-0
Finland vs Switzerland 3-1

Bronze
Slovakia vs Switzerland 2-3 (so) (gerber earns mvp!)

Gold
Czech Republic vs Finland 1-2 (they finally win it)

Have something against the US? lol They will have a better team than last years Olympics and def. will advance out of their pool and make it to the quarters. After that it's anyones guess

zamo86*

first swimming on summer olympics in the morning...now only 10 ice-hockey teams on winter olympics!?? f***ing $$$

espo*

Canada will rebound and win gold in 2010. I think they'll sweep all the games or only lose one and that will be the kick in the *** they need to go and win it all.

losing in the quarters?.....................won't happen at home IMO.The home crowd will be a great blessing not burden.

They are at home,no adjusting to big international ice,kick *** in their prime team.

They are going to win IMO and pretty convincingly.

Any of the big seven has a good shot though of course .The Swiss?............total also ran as usual.Capable of fluking a game off if they can get the goaltending and suffocate you but that's all. To put them going for bronze is a real stretch,won't happen.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
Canada will rebound and win gold in 2010. I think they'll sweep all the games or only lose one and that will be the kick in the *** they need to go and win it all.

losing in the quarters?.....................won't happen at home IMO.The home crowd will be a great blessing not burden.

They are at home,no adjusting to big international ice,kick *** in their prime team.

They are going to win IMO and pretty convincingly.

Any of the big seven has a good shot though of course .The Swiss?............total also ran as usual.Capable of fluking a game off if they can get the goaltending and suffocate you but that's all. To put them going for bronze is a real stretch,won't happen.

Luckily by then, we'll have some more canadians naturalised over here. :D

Jazz

I've read in several sites that 10 teams will be going to the Games in Vancouver instead of 12 whereas the NHL wants a reduction in games not to tire their players but IIHF will have at least more than just 3 round-robin games; that said if 10 teams do go and if the rankings pan out as they are now........
On which web-sites have you read that 10 teams will participate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad