Proposal: Van- NYI Edler for #12 OA

Enrico Ciccone

May 7, 2018
Canada
Not really, by packing Tanev and Edler, your getting a decent 2nd pairing or break them up and put with youth
The original post said nothing of Tanev being a part of it. Obviously if you’re adding to the deal it changes the value. Hell, if you throw in 7ov I’m sure Edler’s value suddenly goes through the roof.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Rather just go after Demko because that's what the Isles need the most. And no Demko is not worth the 12OA

We have our future in goaltending invested in Demko. He might not be worth it, but we have 0 desire to move him. As in none. As in no realistic return will be enough for us. Markstrom, Nilsson, and even DiPietro are all better targets if you're looking for any kind of goaltender from Vancouver.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The original post said nothing of Tanev being a part of it. Obviously if you’re adding to the deal it changes the value. Hell, if you throw in 7ov I’m sure Edler’s value suddenly goes through the roof.

Any inclusion, hypothetically, of Tanev, would have to beat the Leafs, specifically LiferLeafer's, offer of Toronto's 1st, San Jose's 2nd and Toronto's 2019 2nd.

Even the offer of two of the Islanders seconds would be a better return keeping them separate then.

And I firmly believe if we trade one, the other should be off limits too. But that's me.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
From a talent POV I don't think its unreasonable, Edler is a really good player. But he's 32 and has a few miles on him. Its too high a price age considered.

Canucks wouldn't move him for two 2nd's. That's too little and his departure would leave us with 1 top 4 defenseman. It seems more like a mid/late first + prospect kind of deal. I don't see the fit.

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Thanks for the responses everyone :) Never know how hard you're going to get shit on in here for suggestions.lol

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
We have our future in goaltending invested in Demko. He might not be worth it, but we have 0 desire to move him. As in none. As in no realistic return will be enough for us. Markstrom, Nilsson, and even DiPietro are all better targets if you're looking for any kind of goaltender from Vancouver.
And why would NY move their picks for unproven goalies like Grubauer or a player like Tanev?
And how old is Edler?
For the most part these trades are being offered by Canucks fans.
Personally I rather keep our picks and just go with a free agent goalie next season. Hopefully draft Skarek and see what Linus becomes. Surely it's not a great option but overpaying for goalies is not the best way either.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
And why would NY move their picks for unproven goalies like Grubauer or a player like Tanev?
And how old is Edler?
For the most part these trades are being offered by Canucks fans.
Personally I rather keep our picks and just go with a free agent goalie next season. Hopefully draft Skarek and see what Linus becomes. Surely it's not a great option but overpaying for goalies is not the best way either.

We can't move Demko for anything aside from a win. I can't say I know the fan alignment of everyone on this board, but in this and another thread we have a number trades involving, in no particular order, Hutton, Edler, Tanev and Demko, and I have to assume at least one or two proposals are on the Islanders side. Keeping the picks are a good way to go, I hope to keep ours, as we need a few more talented D and there are a few available. As for Demko, you're the one saying you'd target him, but wouldn't give up one of your firsts.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
We can't move Demko for anything aside from a win. I can't say I know the fan alignment of everyone on this board, but in this and another thread we have a number trades involving, in no particular order, Hutton, Edler, Tanev and Demko, and I have to assume at least one or two proposals are on the Islanders side. Keeping the picks are a good way to go, I hope to keep ours, as we need a few more talented D and there are a few available. As for Demko, you're the one saying you'd target him, but wouldn't give up one of your firsts.
True and I don't think Canucks should deal Demko. I think he's a future number 1 and I doubt Benning would even consider it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Quick and easy proposal. Straight up Edler to NYI, the #12 OA to Van.
Is this fair value? Do both teams do this?
And yes, of course Edler's NMC. But this is the internet, let's discuss.
No. Do not want Edler for 12OV anymore then I want Tanev for 12th OV.

Flames GM Treveling (sp), was quoted in a sportsnet interview after trying to trade for a 1st. He says the cost is a good, young roster player.
32 yr old Edler, 1 yr from unrestricted free agency,does not even get a conversation started.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not really, by packing Tanev and Edler, your getting a decent 2nd pairing or break them up and put with youth
Isles will want someone with term.
28 yr old Tanev, 2 yrs from unrestricted free agency and 32 yr old Edler, 1 yr from unrestricted free agency will not land either 11th or 12th overall.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Edler played great hockey last year. If is traded its at trade deadline. And i doubt we get a mid first unless we fleace someone. I'd prefer to keep the guy. Good vet to keep around and its not we got anyone else atm. If Edler is dealt it should be at the TDL.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Rather just go after Demko because that's what the Isles need the most. And no Demko is not worth the 12OA

Canucks also need Demko... I’d be upset if we moved Demko for the 12OA, not that he’s worth that pick in a trade but we need a potential star #1 goalie badly and Demko is shaping into that very nicely and nearly ready. Huge mistake to move him.

Reactions: THE Green Man

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I’d for sure trade Eddie for a 10-20th overall first. Doubt he’d ever agree to waive his NTC though. It’s really a battle of futility to even propose for him as he’s continually denied trades out of Vancouver.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
To be fair I do think Edler is worth a first but from the isles at 12 I don’t think that’s the deal for them. I’d rather re-sign DeHann and keep the first if Edler is the return. I’d rather package the 12th for a bit younger top pair Defensman. I view Edler as a #3/4

Sorry for my original reply. Didn’t mean to come off as a dick

Your original post was spot on lol, no worries.
Yeah you guys could probably target a player like Hanifin or Hamilton with your 1st. Better options to pursue for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad