Proposal: Van- NYI Edler for #12 OA

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Quick and easy proposal. Straight up Edler to NYI, the #12 OA to Van.
Is this fair value? Do both teams do this?
And yes, of course Edler's NMC. But this is the internet, let's discuss.

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
No chance Edler is worth that much right now. Maybe back in 2012 when he put up 50 points

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd add to Edler to get that first rather then take lesser picks, as two second round picks doesn't really do much for me. Edler is a better D then he was scoring 49 points a few years ago, but he's also older of course. He is our hands down best LD, and we have no one that is immediately ready to step in and take his minutes, as Juolevi has yet to make his debut.

If Edler and a small plus doesn't get us in range of that 1st, or something comparable, can we bring up Hutton for Nelson again? Or would Del Zotto interest you at all?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I'd add to Edler to get that first rather then take lesser picks, as two second round picks doesn't really do much for me. Edler is a better D then he was scoring 49 points a few years ago, but he's also older of course. He is our hands down best LD, and we have no one that is immediately ready to step in and take his minutes, as Juolevi has yet to make his debut.

If Edler and a small plus doesn't get us in range of that 1st, or something comparable, can we bring up Hutton for Nelson again? Or would Del Zotto interest you at all?

Hutton for Nelson just needs to happen already. I’d add to Nelson

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Rather just go after Demko because that's what the Isles need the most. And no Demko is not worth the 12OA

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Quick and easy proposal. Straight up Edler to NYI, the #12 OA to Van.
Is this fair value? Do both teams do this?
And yes, of course Edler's NMC. But this is the internet, let's discuss.
Not even close. You really think Lou Lam is going to trade 12thOA for a 32 year old 2nd pairing defenseman signed for one year?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Treliving said the cost to trade into the 1st round is expensive, and costs a really good young player.

Trading into the high 1st with 32-year-old Edler? Doesn't seem very likely.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
How about Tanev and Elder for 12. lol

If we're gonna be crazy

Might as well make it Tanev, Edler Vancouver's 2nd 2019 (we don't have one this year) [compulsory 2nd round pick from Benning] and one of Kole Lind/Jonah Gadjovich for 11 and 12

Once that's done. Trade 11 and 12 to Ottawa for Karlsson and Ryan (which some sens fans have said they would be fine with) Bobby Ryan's contract must be included which is why NYI can't do this themselves if they're resigning Tavares as well

Lose Edler and Tanev

Gain Karlsson and one of Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard/Hughes

all for the cost of a 2nd next year, Either Lind or Gadjovich and absorbing Ryan's contract.

Make Karlsson the obligatory Swedish captain in Vancouver. Done and done

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanejones

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
If we're gonna be crazy

Might as well make it Tanev, Edler Vancouver's 2nd 2019 (we don't have one this year) [compulsory 2nd round pick from Benning] and one of Kole Lind/Jonah Gadjovich for 11 and 12

Once that's done. Trade 11 and 12 to Ottawa for Karlsson and Ryan (which some sens fans have said they would be fine with) Bobby Ryan's contract must be included which is why NYI can't do this themselves if they're resigning Tavares as well

Lose Edler and Tanev

Gain Karlsson and one of Boqvist/Dobson/Bouchard/Hughes

all for the cost of a 2nd next year, Either Lind or Gadjovich and absorbing Ryan's contract.

Make Karlsson the obligatory Swedish captain in Vancouver. Done and done
All joking aside, as a Nucks fan, I would do this in a heartbeat,hell,I’d even throw in taking back some of Edlers and Tanev salary, I’d say combined 25-30%

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Edlers best season in a while but he loves Vancity and wont wave. Would be a good deal but he wont do it

Enrico Ciccone

May 7, 2018
Canada
The time to trade Edler for any return at all was about 4 years ago....unless you call Pete Chiareli. Then you might get something good lol

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
All joking aside, as a Nucks fan, I would do this in a heartbeat,hell,I’d even throw in taking back some of Edlers and Tanev salary, I’d say combined 25-30%

Problem is.. I don't think NYI fans will go for it haha.. although... I would be tempted/okay with throwing in our 2019 1st round pick as well.. IF Ottawa does the 2nd part of the trade

Defense of

Karlsson/Juolevi (perfect mentor)
Del Zotto/Bouchard(or Dobson)
Hutton/Stetcher

isn't too bad... and in 2 years with Tryamkin wanted to potentially come back.. it gets stronger..

Reactions: Shanejones

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Problem is.. I don't think NYI fans will go for it haha.. although... I would be tempted/okay with throwing in our 2019 1st round pick as well.. IF Ottawa does the 2nd part of the trade

Defense of

Karlsson/Juolevi (perfect mentor)
Del Zotto/Bouchard(or Dobson)
Hutton/Stetcher

isn't too bad... and in 2 years with Tryamkin wanted to potentially come back.. it gets stronger..
Your hired

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Your hired
He’s actually better now than he was 4 years ago
My feeling is, as a reasonable Nuck fan,that if we want to move Edler/Tanev, that the best easy is to package them, keep some salary and throw a 2nd round pick and prospect not named Pedderson,Brock, Gaudette or Demko and make sure you get a stud Dman and run to the draft and get BPA with the 7th pick

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
When this is the response from one of the more reasonable posters here, you know the value is pretty far off.
I do think Edler could fetch a late 1st though.

To be fair I do think Edler is worth a first but from the isles at 12 I don’t think that’s the deal for them. I’d rather re-sign DeHann and keep the first if Edler is the return. I’d rather package the 12th for a bit younger top pair Defensman. I view Edler as a #3/4

Sorry for my original reply. Didn’t mean to come off as a dick

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad