Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Dale Weise for Raphael Diaz part III - the #FireTherrien edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Because for some reason #FireTherrien seems to be a strange meme propagated in the Part II of this thread..

I guess people wants to keep moan and ***** about it, so let's have them! :handclap: It won't (probably) won't spill elsewhere on our board!

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I left the thread when it hits 500 posts in part 1 as I thought everything was already said. What are you guys still talking about?

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I must be in minority here, but I like what the team is starting to look like for the last stretch (not saying it should stay that way for next year, tho).

It gives me the feeling that the players are getting happier about their respective roles, and that they like to play with and for each other. People would be surprise how those things become important down the line.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
scarecrow-on-bale-of-hay.jpg

Discuss

:biglaugh:

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Only in Montreal that Dale Weise gets a part III

It's not really Dale Weise or even Raphael Diaz. It's the philosophy that led to the deal that needs to be out there.

If you do a Weise-for-Diaz clunker once in a while but have other good moves to show for it, it's a loss, obviously, but you can make up for it. But Weise-for-Diaz after signing Briere, Parros, Murray... well, that's not a good streak.

Also, the issue that a team that had a crying need for a right-side defensemen traded one away to add, ahem, "size and grit". Or the issue that the team may not have been able to recognize what they had in Diaz.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I chuckled when I read part III

Imagine if markov is traded.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not really Dale Weise or even Raphael Diaz. It's the philosophy that led to the deal that needs to be out there.

If you do a Weise-for-Diaz clunker once in a while but have other good moves to show for it, it's a loss, obviously, but you can make up for it. But Weise-for-Diaz after signing Briere, Parros, Murray... well, that's not a good streak.

Also, the issue that a team that had a crying need for a right-side defensemen traded one away to add, ahem, "size and grit". Or the issue that the team may not have been able to recognize what they had in Diaz.

Sigh...the GM thought Briere still had some gas in the tank, doesn't look great now - though it can be argued he hasn't really been given a chance to show his worth

Murray and Parros were signed as depth players, to fill specific roles. Stop trying to play it off as though they're anything more than that (check that, Parros was not signed but traded for)

As for your comment about a right handed dman being a need...you're right and I think we're not too far away from seeing Greg Pateryn called up, he's playing some real good hockey by all accounts.

Some healthy bodies coming back soon...there's gonna be more roster movement shortly

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
I chuckled when I read part III

Imagine if markov is traded.
If Markov's traded, I'm going to avoid these forums for at least 2 weeks, the whining, over analyzing, and general complaining will be unbearable.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
If Markov's traded, I'm going to avoid these forums for at least 2 weeks, the whining, over analyzing, and general complaining will be unbearable.

I'm so impatient for the next round of Desharnais blabbering. I hope it comes back at same time that we trade Markov.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Sigh...the GM thought Briere still had some gas in the tank

Brière had been declining for years and is providing exactly what ought to have been expected of him. There was a vague chance that he had more to offer, but it was a bad gamble. Expecting a 36-year-old to recapture his former skills fails pretty much 99.9% of the time.

Murray and Parros were signed as depth players, to fill specific roles. Stop trying to play it off as though they're anything more than that (check that, Parros was not signed but traded for)

Murray and Parros are liabilities on the ice. They don't "fill roles", they hurt the team. They're below replacement level; the team could replace them with AHL callups and do better.

It's of course probable that the org feels that it doesn't matter that they both are bad hockey players because Murray is large and Parros fights. More of that organizational philosophy problem I mentioned.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Eklund saying the Pens might be interested in Briere now. That could be a 4 part topic if it ever happens, cause he'll be playing a hell of a lot better there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->