Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Vasily Podkolzin signs extension with the Canucks (2 years, $1.0M AAV)

dman34

May 6, 2011
Podkolzin either gets underrated or overrated. I remember the subset of Canuck fans who thought he was a better prospect than Brzustewicz. He's clearly not. Then there is the subset who think he's waiver fodder. He's clearly not. He'll be a steady 3rd line wing in the NHL one day. Solid signing.

Brzustewicz may never sniff the NHL. He's either a top 4 offence first dman with some PP upside or he will spend his career in the AHL. He simply doesn't defend well enough. Podkolzin could easily be a better NHL'er than Brz.

Reactions: gianni and eviohh26

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Brzustewicz may never sniff the NHL. He's either a top 4 offence first dman with some PP upside or he will spend his career in the AHL. He simply doesn't defend well enough. Podkolzin could easily be a better NHL'er than Brz.
As is well noted. I completely disagree. I've said it before, I think Brzustewicz is going to be a shutdown defender who can move the puck. I don't think he will score more than 40 points in the NHL. He's extremely competitive. I've compared him to Tanev before. He's going to be a #3 defenseman at minimum I think.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Not sure if they will meddle with the winning lineup but I think they should sub Podkolzin in for Di Giuseppe when (AND IF :)) they lose a game

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
You’re so smart. The Canucks should hire you. Clearly you make Tocchet look stupid.
You know that the coach would be okaying player re-signings, right? The FO would ask the coach if the player is compatible with his system, in the locker room etc, and he was re-signed. If he was "Bottom 6 AHL fodder" like you've claimed, Tocchet wouldn't be playing him at all in his lineup, and he probably would have been traded or they would have just not qualified him.

So what is it? Is Podkolzin bottom 6 AHL fodder and Tocchet is stupid for keeping him around, or is Tocchet smart? You should stop contradicting yourself.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It's so sad that whatever teem you like is playing so bad, or not playing at all that you feel the need to troll Canucks fans, grow up bud.
Give you a compliment and you get upset. Get help. Maybe write a super fan letter to your favorite 2nd line AHLer and tell him how you have his back. Could be good therapy for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You know that the coach would be okaying player re-signings, right? The FO would ask the coach if the player is compatible with his system, in the locker room etc, and he was re-signed. If he was "Bottom 6 AHL fodder" like you've claimed, Tocchet wouldn't be playing him at all in his lineup, and he probably would have been traded or they would have just not qualified him.

So what is it? Is Podkolzin bottom 6 AHL fodder and Tocchet is stupid for keeping him around, or is Tocchet smart? You should stop contradicting yourself.
You know a million dollar contract isn’t a big deal to bury right? What does the coach care either way? He makes the team, great, if not, the coach couldn’t care less. He can plug the next waiver wire player in.

Who are you quoting with “bottom 6”? That came to your mind by your own doing. Freudian slip?

Reply again, I love your straw men.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You know a million dollar contract isn’t a big deal to bury right? What does the coach care either way? He makes the team, great, if not, the coach couldn’t care less. He can plug the next waiver wire player in.

Who are you quoting with “bottom 6”? That came to your mind by your own doing. Freudian slip?

Reply again, I love your straw men.
Young players who can contribute in any role at a mil are valuable to every club. These younger guys often have some runway left in their development so (if there is term) the players player can add more value as they play more important minutes.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Imagine hyper posting in threads about an insignificant player that isn’t even a part of your team’s system… and calling out the fans of the team he plays for.

Ignored.
Replying to posters who have directly replied to me is “hyper posting”.

Funny, not a single argument against what I have said. Just a bunch of sensitive Canucks fans hurt by the truth making personal attacks. Sucks when the truth gets in the way of a good story.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Young players who can contribute in any role at a mil are valuable to every club. These younger guys often have some runway left in their development so (if there is term) the players player can add more value as they play more important minutes.
Agreed, the price is right, you can bury him and it’s no big deal. By the time a player reaches 22 you basically know what you have.

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed, the price is right, you can bury him and it’s no big deal. By the time a player reaches 22 you basically know what you have.
Yup. Clubs know with these young guys if there is still room to develop, of whether the pkayer is stalled out. Van sees Podkolzin as having more runway of development left. If he hits his ceiling the clubs wins. If he stalls out it’s no loss on the cap. Clubs get into trouble when they offer up huge contracts to young guys who put up some points or look like they will. Unless the guy is clearly a star then it’s best to be cautious with the second contract.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
really?

Lets just start with one team that won last years cup

at 22/23
Chandler Stephenson 38pts in 72 AHL games
Jonathon Marchesseault 67 in 74 AHL games
William Karlsson 20pts in 81 games with CBJ
Nick Roy 10pts in 28 games and 22pts in 27 AHL games
Ivan Barbashev 13pts in 53 games STL 10pts in 20AHL games
Mike Amadio 13 pts in 43 games LA. 26pts in 28 AHL games
Brett Howden 7pts in 42 games NYR

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yup. Clubs know with these young guys if there is still room to develop, of whether the pkayer is stalled out. Van sees Podkolzin as having more runway of development left. If he hits his ceiling the clubs wins. If he stalls out it’s no loss on the cap. Clubs get into trouble when they offer up huge contracts to young guys who put up some points or look like they will. Unless the guy is clearly a star then it’s best to be cautious with the second contract.
They see a million dollar contract as no risk.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
really?

Lets just start with one team that won last years cup

at 22/23
Chandler Stephenson 38pts in 72 AHL games
Jonathon Marchesseault 67 in 74 AHL games
William Karlsson 20pts in 81 games with CBJ
Nick Roy 10pts in 28 games and 22pts in 27 AHL games
Ivan Barbashev 13pts in 53 games STL 10pts in 20AHL games
Mike Amadio 13 pts in 43 games LA. 26pts in 28 AHL games
Brett Howden 7pts in 42 games NYR

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about
So you cherry picked a few players (poorly) and your are pretending this has an effect on Podzolkin? This is like seeing a poker player on TV hitting a royal flush and expecting to hit that yourself on every hand. Powerful weak.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
So you cherry picked a few players (poorly) and your are pretending this has an effect on Podzolkin? This is like seeing a poker player on TV hitting a royal flush and expecting to hit that yourself on every hand. Powerful weak.
Take the loss pal. Nothing more awkward and sad than someone clinging to a bad take that was buried in facts. Your post wasn't thought through very well

Podkolzin will be fine he's looked good. Management know what they are doing. He will never be what you hope for from a 10OA but he will become an important piece for the Canucks. You should know better throwing around this crap with Holloway and Broberg the same age and you being a Oiler fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad