Confirmed with Link: [VAN/ARI] Garland,OEL(12% retained) for 9th OA,2nd in 22,7th in 23,Beagle,Roussel,Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
An individual player getting injured is not even remotely comparable to an entire hockey program shutting down operations for a whole year.
With your logic, players missing time = bust. I mean that is the gist of it, the consequence of hockey program shutting down is kids missing time, a lot of it. Injured players also miss time too, and sometimes they miss a lot. You can argue that injuries are worse because they might be able to even weight train. Even then, there are players around that managed to make the NHL despite missing a lot of time in junior.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It’s absolutely crazy how much our boards hate this, yet everybody else seems to love it for us

I can see how objectively outsider fans might view it as a win on the surface. We gave up three garbage players for two easily superior players. We gave up some quality picks, but we got easily the better players.

The average fan of another team may not be intimately acquainted with our salary cap…situation.

I do feel this trade makes us a better hockey team today. But the long term cap situation scares the pants off me, and the cost of the picks we paid to obtain it feels too steep.

Reactions: Jovofan and MikeK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad