Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Alex Biega extends with the Canucks (2 years, $825K AAV)

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Sweet it's our Tanev replacement when he gets moved at the draft! :laugh:
Seriously though, if it's for league minimum I'm fine with it. I actually like Biega, guys a small energy ball that works his ass off- just prone to mistakes with the puck unfortunately

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Not the most skilled guy, but also someone who doesn't take to many nights off. Good signing for 825k.

member 105785

surprised at 2 years but he's cheap and serviceable, not too scared when he's on the ice

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Like this a lot. Good guy to have as your #7 who is just heart and soul and serviceable on the back end and forward for some reason. Never gives up, goes hard to the corners, and luncpun above his weight class

Though if this team ever gets better in 2-3 years he should be back in the AHL or not re-signed

Reactions: generic opinion

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
A true soldier, he’s a leader and loved in the room. This is the type of depth defenceman you double down on due to what he brings on and off the ice. Also this is below the buried cap threshold if the Canucks have any type of defenceman graduates (doubtful)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
You may not like Benning's roster moves in general, but Alex Biega has earned his spot in the NHL fair and square.

Reactions: Johny Deever

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Spare part dman turning 30 in April on one of the worst bluelines in the league gets a midseason, multi-year extension.

Nothing against Biega and I like his energy, but this is ... odd.

Good for him and his family at least.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So basically Gudbranson without his draft position.
Not even close. Biega is MUCH better than Gudbranson theres really no comparison. Canucks fans trust Biega when in the game as a ok third pairing guy. Gudbranson is a nightmare defensively with NO offensive upside. Yuck

Reactions: The Extrapolater

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I’m as disappointed with Canucks trade deadline as anyone, but enough hatred already. For $825k Biega is a perfect signing. Low maintenance, hardest working guy on the ice every time he dresses. Plays F when asked, doesn’t hurt the team when on the ice. This is one of the moves that actually makes sense.

Reactions: generic opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad