Value of: Sam Bennett vs Max Domi + Nikita Kucherov

Hope4thebest

May 22, 2014
I am in a STHS league where ratings come 100% form the previous NHL season.

What do you think of trading away Sam Bennett to get Max Domi and Nikita Kucherov?

I have a young team who should make the playoff with a lot of depth but no high end forwards except from Tavares and Okposo.

Thank you for your inputs.

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
IMO theres verry little room for Kuvherov in Tampa given the play of Palat and Johnson, and Drouin coming up.

omnicronx

Apr 5, 2012
Its a sim league, I think hes thinking a little past this season. Johnson is a center, and will probably go back to the third line where he belongs with Stamkos and Filppula ahead of him..

There are spots in that top 9 for kuch this season if he wants it. In fact he has less infront of him than a guy like johnson as he can play on either wing. (i.e he could easily get a look in the top 6 even this season if injuries occur, and there is no guarantee that drouin will be ready for a top 6 role this season either..

That said, I really think the value in this deal is what you think of domi. I'm not 100% sold on him yet, but to each his own.. In my mind he is much more of an unknown than both kuch and certainly bennett whom many scouts are praising.

Hope4thebest

May 22, 2014
Thanks for the inputs.

My fear with Bennett is that is could be far from ready for the NHL. He is one the youngest players of this draft and seams like he needs more muscles on his frame. Add to that his showing in exhibitions games with Team Canada and this deal would look like a good one if Kucherov plays all season in the top 6 and Domi makes the Coyotes.

In another hand, if Bennett takes time to developp but becomes a kind of Toews, i would be better with him. Really not sure about this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad