Value Of Mcdonagh

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Do you think more???????

No. The way he is playing Matthews could get 12, Nylander 6-7 and Marner 6-7 (if he has a good season). Conservatively I would say Lou signs them between 22 and 25 but that range is slowing increasing thanks to Matthews' play.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't be ridiculous.

We have to trade McDonagh to tank for a high pick, and then use that pick to replace McDonagh.

Progress.

No. You trade McDonagh for the option to replace him several different ways and/or more assets; especially cap space.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He was the closest to Leafs trading for a stud dman at the TDL (I did not consider age). He was still solid but he was on his last legs. He signed as a UFA the following year with the Bruins but may have only lasted 1 year. I don't think there has been a time but there is always room for a first :)

Hey, for the record, this is what the Leafs ended up giving up for Brian Leetch (who was still pretty awesome):

Jarko Immonen
Maxim Kondratiev
Kris Chucko
Michael Sauer

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hey, for the record, this is what the Leafs ended up giving up for Brian Leetch (who was still pretty awesome):

Jarko Immonen
Maxim Kondratiev
Kris Chucko
Michael Sauer

Michael Sauer was really shaping up until Phaneuf ended his career.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Don't be ridiculous.

We have to trade McDonagh to tank for a high pick, and then use that pick to replace McDonagh.

Progress.

Oh it would be tremendously dumb for the Rangers.

McDonagh is their best player.

But if they're being dumb, then I want in.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Not going anywhere. You build around players like McDonagh. They don't grow on trees. (extremely difficult to draft)
Sorry, look elsewhere.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What good is McDonagh to a rebuilding team? Wouldn't he only prevent the team from being a bottom 5 team but not good enough to do anything more?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What good is McDonagh to a rebuilding team? Wouldn't he only prevent the team from being a bottom 5 team but not good enough to do anything more?

He is fine to the Rangers at his current deal, but he isn’t a useful asset at ages 31-39 at 8 million when they have no chance at the cup. Some people want to hold onto him because of last accomplishments by team and player but they don’t understand how the salary cap works.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not going anywhere. You build around players like McDonagh. They don't grow on trees. (extremely difficult to draft)
Sorry, look elsewhere.

Username checks out. He had a very good run and he still has value. If the Rangers extend him, they will wind up buying him out because they are in cap he’ll. Just like Girardi, and Staal this coming summer.

Gorton and friends horribly misread things last summer. The Rangers have to buy now when they could have set up for a very nice rebuild. If the window is closed, McDonagh should not be untouchable. Period. You cannot tie up that cap.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If Leafs don't pay that, some team will.
Oh no! An offer sheet?

Yeah that is going to happen...we have some control over them still.

We are aware of our future cap situation. I suppose it is a good sign when that is all teams can slag you over. Still, it does not scare us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->