Value of JVR’s Next Contract

Value of JVR’s Next Contract (July 2018)

• Total voters

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If he wants a long term deal, probably in the $5.5 - 6M range. Four years or less he will get more than $6M.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
And this will be a horrendous mistake. Although JVR is a great net-front player, perhaps top 3 in the world, he isn't worth 6.5 million on a long-term contract.

I agree.

The problems with him are he's not noticeable a lot of the time and he's not good defensively.

When he was younger, he used to rush with the puck on occasion and he could score and make plays off the rush. Now he seems to only score from the front of the net or the slot.

I've stuck up for him over the years and his goals are definitely valuable, but I'm weary of paying him more than $6 mil per season on a long-term deal.

Hopefully Lou can get a shrewd deal or make a smart trade.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
And this will be a horrendous mistake. Although JVR is a great net-front player, perhaps top 3 in the world, he isn't worth 6.5 million on a long-term contract.

He is worth that much in the current market.

FTR, don’t think Leafs should give him anything close to 6 mil, but he will get 6.5 somewhere. 2nd overall pick, 28yo, consistent production of 60+ points, coming off a career high goal scoring year, cap going up...JVR will do well for himself this offseason.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I agree.

The problems with him are he's not noticeable a lot of the time and he's not good defensively.

When he was younger, he used to rush with the puck on occasion and he could score and make plays off the rush. Now he seems to only score from the front of the net or the slot.

I've stuck up for him over the years and his goals are definitely valuable, but I'm weary of paying him more than $6 mil per season on a long-term deal.

Hopefully Lou can get a shrewd deal or make a smart trade.

Can’t trade an expired UFA.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's going to get paid. He will be a good addition to a team that needs upgrading in their top winger position. He's been really good since Burke traded for him in what has turned out to be a one sided trade.

I would expect in the range of 6M - 6.25M x 7 years to 8 years is what he is getting.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I would keep him on the Leafs for 5.75 for 6 years.

Sure his defensive effort leaves a lot to be desired, but he's a 28 year old 30 goal guy. He's a perfect 2nd line winger on a deep team, who can jump to the 1st seamlessly.

But someone will offer him 6.5. I think he goes to one of Calgary, Colorado or Florida.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad