Confirmed with Link: Vaclav Burda chief Euro scout leaves for Oilers

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
lol at this front office and this franchise.

Jesus christ, abondan ship I guess.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Top 10 scouting staff is being dismantled:

Promoted Dorion from a role he was great in (chief scout) to a role he's not great in (management)
Lost Forsberg to the SHL, now scouts for Buffalo
Lost Lowes to Vegas
Lost Burda to Edmonton

The team's scouts are the only reason the Senators aren't the laughing stock of the league. The weaker the scouting staff gets the weaker the future of the team gets.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anders Ostberg, former STL scout has joined us, however.

He should have some good access to SHL prospects.

2014-2015 Örebro HK SHL Scout Head Scout - Player Coordinator
2015-2016 Örebro HK SHL Scout Head Scout - Pro and Amateur
2016-2017 Örebro HK SHL Dir. of Scouting

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I don't mind losing people, the problem is that we aren't even replacing them, and just cutting corners in getting our already small management and scouting department do the job of multiple people.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I don't mind losing people, the problem is that we aren't even replacing them, and just cutting corners in getting our already small management and scouting department do the job of multiple people.

are you even reading the thread?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Oh man someone 8 out of 10 sens fans haven't even heard of has left. Time to burn this mother to the ground!

In all seriousness this is obviously a result of Dorion trading Dahlen.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Oh man someone 8 out of 10 sens fans haven't even heard of has left. Time to burn this mother to the ground!

In all seriousness this is obviously a result of Dorion trading Dahlen.

I think this is Karma from drafting Lee over Kopitar.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion has done a great job so far so I have no doubt he will find smart capable people to take over the roles of anyone who has or will leave if he is the one in charge of that.

Some were concerned about Leeder leaving as well but it sure seemed like we needed a fresh voice like Anselmi in there. Sometimes change is OK even if youre losing quality people. We also have no idea about their personal circumstances so it cant just be assumed that the org is falling apart.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It's a sign that ownership is cheap if we are getting out bid for scouts. And with the openings of Alfie and the front office being so small, there has to be money to pay these guys extra to keep them in town.

My guess is Dorion took his budget and spent it all on the coaching staff and there's nothing left for management - can't blame the Dorion, Ottawa needed stability in coaching and we have one of the best coaching staffs in the NHL.

But our scouting has taken a a huge hit this year esepcially.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So now people realizing there is an issue? Got laughed at when I suggested something smelled bad last year with the departures after TM left. He was holding it together providing direction and hope(for the day he took over)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So now people realizing there is an issue? Got laughed at when I suggested something smelled bad last year with the departures after TM left. He was holding it together providing direction and hope(for the day he took over)

Did you know TM got fired? Sounds like we were lucky more than anything: the guy is a total goof.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Did you know TM got fired? Sounds like we were lucky more than anything: the guy is a total goof.

Ha I knew this post was coming. He got fired!
So don't evaluate what he did while he was there or assume any fault of ownership making the wrong decision. He got fired! Oh boy this board
No ability to use own brain for analysis? Just read headlines.

I dare you to compare the acquisitions made under TM in Buffalo to Dorions.
I dare you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->