Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
That play where the shot clock reset was hilarious. That never happens in the NBA lol. What a joke.

JV is a fine defender at the rim but man, he gets exposed when he has to cover multiple people. I almost think Poeltl needs to start. Wall/Beal just pick JV apart.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
That play where the shot clock reset was hilarious. That never happens in the NBA lol. What a joke.

JV is a fine defender at the rim but man, he gets exposed when he has to cover multiple people. I almost think Poeltl needs to start. Wall/Beal just pick JV apart.

JV should have let the ball go out of bounds instead of trying for the miracle off-balance pass in his own end. The shot clock was down and the Raptors had the advantage.

The announcers said the call was the right one. JV had the ball with both hands and that is considered a changed of possession.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Lowry and DeRozan are proven playoff chokers at this point. Don't care how good they are in the regular season, they just stink the joint out every spring.

I cannot believe that our two "stars" have combined for 7 points at the half, what an absolute joke.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There are 3 sure things in life:

Death

Taxes

Derozan and Lowry stinking the joint in the opening game of the playoffs

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Derozan and Lowry better come out big in the second half here. I do think I would be able to handle the bad press that would come out of America in regards to the Raptors. Also cannot stand Paul Pierce and his thoughts on the Raptors.

Stick it to hem boys!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lowry and DeRozan are proven playoff chokers at this point. Don't care how good they are in the regular season, they just stink the joint out every spring.

I cannot believe that our two "stars" have combined for 7 points at the half, what an absolute joke.

Thats a little harsh: Lowry put up 35 in game 7 against Miami, pretty clutch. Demar has also been solid over the years.

Obviously they are both inconsistent at times, but "proven playoff chokers" an unfair and false narrative.

Reactions: stickty111

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Thats a little harsh: Lowry put up 35 in game 7 against Miami, pretty clutch. Demar has also been solid over the years.

Obviously they are both inconsistent at times, but "proven playoff chokers" an unfair and false narrative.

Don't they have like the lowest FG% of like all active players in the playoffs or something like that? On the whole they have been chokers.

Lowry is probably the healthiest he has ever been come playoff time though so maybe this year will be different.

Reactions: robertmac43

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
The good news is, the Wizards scored a bunch of points in the second quarter when they essentially shot the lights out and couldn't miss. If the next two quarters are closer to the first the Raptors will be fine.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Don't they have like the lowest FG% of like all active players in the playoffs or something like that? On the whole they have been chokers.

Lowry is probably the healthiest he has ever been come playoff time though so maybe this year will be different.

Oh they are definitely inconsistent, not sure on the stats for FG %. As much as they have disappeared in the past, there have also been moments where they have won us games. Miami in game 7 is just one example, without that Lowry performance there is no conference finals, bought us 6 more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad