Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Cleveland did look good today, no question. I still think that if we face them in the playoffs, that we beat them especially with home court advantage.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
whose bruno?

Bruno Caboclo, 1st round draft pick from... 2014 I think? Was famous for being a pick out of left field on draft night (though being picked at like 24th meant that getting any real value was a gigantic crapshoot anyway), with the ESPN analysts scrambling to find any info about him, and their international prospect guy infamously calling him a gigantic project who was "2 years away from being 2 years away". He had sort of become a Raptors meme because of it. He was traded to Sacramento at the deadline in a cap-clearing move.

Nobody's really dead, I'm just jokingly memorializing his Raptors career by saying that Raptors Bruno "died" for our now-first-in-the-conference ranking since we ascended to that spot the day after trading him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bruno Caboclo, 1st round draft pick from... 2014 I think? Was famous for being a pick out of left field on draft night (though being picked at like 24th meant that getting any real value was a gigantic crapshoot anyway), with the ESPN analysts scrambling to find any info about him, and their international prospect guy infamously calling him a gigantic project who was "2 years away from being 2 years away". He had sort of become a Raptors meme because of it. He was traded to Sacramento at the deadline in a cap-clearing move.

Nobody's really dead, I'm just jokingly memorializing his Raptors career by saying that Raptors Bruno "died" for our now-first-in-the-conference ranking since we ascended to that spot the day after trading him.

oho 2 yrs from 2 yrs away guy :laugh:
thanks, Nem. :)

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think Cleveland did look good today, no question. I still think that if we face them in the playoffs, that we beat them especially with home court advantage.
Yeah they looked good. I'm definitely more scared of them (but not a ton) in the playoffs than the Celts. The track record along with having King James says it all.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
One thing I gotta admit: Bruno's first game for us was epic.

It was a such a rout that the fans were chanting We Want Bruno. The TSN crew was asking if we wuld see it, and sure enough he comes on and makes his first 2 three pointers

Reactions: donghabs98

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
One thing I gotta admit: Bruno's first game for us was epic.

It was a such a rout that the fans were chanting We Want Bruno. The TSN crew was asking if we wuld see it, and sure enough he comes on and makes his first 2 three pointers

Yeah, that was great.

Then I remember watching him in the summer league next year and being seriously concerned by how sluggish he seemed on offence. He was a slow decider, slow to get himself set for a shot, slow to get the shot off. The kind of lag that would give close-out defenders time to overcome his length. My desire to see him succeed tended to overrule that gnawing uncertainty in the back of my brain, so I just sort of tuned it out and hoped he'd fix those things.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
siakim-heat756.png

Game Preview: Raptors vs. Heat | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors vs. Heat

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Feb 13, 2018

Miami Heat (30-26) @ Toronto Raptors (39-16)
When: Tuesday, February 13th, 7 P.M. ET
Where: Air Canada Centre
Broadcast info: SN1, SN590
LAST MEETING
The Heat defeated Toronto 90-89 thanks to a Wayne Ellington layup with less than a second remaining in the last meeting between these two teams. The Miami victory, coming on the Air Canada Centre court, snapped a 12-game home winning streak for Toronto. DeMar DeRozan led Toronto with 25 points as the Raptors were without Kyle Lowry, who missed the game with a bruised tailbone. The team also lost Serge Ibaka midway though when he was ejected, along with Miami's James Johnson, for trading punches in the third quarter. Though neither team lit it up from the floor, the Heat dominated the glass, outrebounding Toronto 64-37, including 20-7 on the offensive glass. Miami's Goran Dragic scored 25 points, while also matching a career-high with 12 rebounds.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
Toronto rookie OG Anunoby is questionable with a right ankle sprain. For the Heat, the injury list is to be decided.
300 Club: Sunday's 123-103 victory against the Charlotte Hornets gave Dwane Casey 300 victories as head coach of the Toronto Raptors. Casey becomes the first coach in franchise history to hit the milestone and after the game, DeMar DeRozan, who has been with Casey since his first game coaching Toronto, made sure to grab the game ball to present to Casey in the locker room.
Taking care of business: The Raptors have won five straight games, with an average margin of victory of 21 points. In the process, no Raptors starter has played more than 30 minutes in any of the previous four games, and OG Anunoby is the only starter to play a single minute in the fourth quarter, logging 5:48 minutes against the Portland Trail Blazers on Feb 2.
EXTRA ASSISTS
Heading into All-Star like:
Tuesday's game against the Miami Heat will be the first game in a back-to-back that will conclude with Toronto taking on the Bulls in Chicago on Wednesday. That will be the final game the team plays before breaking for All-Star weekend. DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Dwane Casey and the Raptors coaching staff will be in Los Angeles representing the organization for the All-Star Game.
Boost off the bench: Toronto's stellar bench has not only held leads, but blown the game open over the previous five games. The reserves are averaging 56.0 points per game in that span. In Sunday's game, it was C.J. Miles leading the bench mob. Miles played 18 minutes against the Hornets, making the most of each of them, scoring 24 points on 8-of-11 field goals, including 6-for-9 three-point field goals and 2-for-2 free throws, while adding a rebound, an assist, two steals and a blocked shot. The Raptors were a +28 with Miles on the floor.
New-old look Heat: Miami comes to town with a familiar face back in a Heat uniform. Following a season in Chicago and half a season in Cleveland, Dwyane Wade is back in Miami. Thanks to a deadline deal, Wade returned to the team that drafted him 15 years ago, and he couldn't be happier about it. Toronto has already faced Wade once this season, during his time with the Cavaliers.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not a good game by the Raptors but that can happen with any team - the bottom line is "W"

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
That was a lot closer at the end than it had any right to be.

I was pretty comfortable with 5 minutes to go. Then it got... interesting...

Still 2 points is 2 points. Go Raps!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I like what I've seen from the Raptors this season and I hope they can go all the way.

Sure as hell am bored as heck of LeBron and his hired guns playing in every June.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
lowry-bulls756.png

Game Preview: Raptors at Bulls | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors at Bulls

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Feb 14, 2018

Toronto Raptors (40-16) @ Chicago Bulls (20-36)
When: Wednesday, February 14th, 8 P.M. ET
Where: Air Canada Centre
Broadcast info: SN1, TSN1050
LAST MEETING
The Raptors notched a 124-115 victory against the Chicago Bulls in Chicago on January 3 thanks to a 35-point performance from DeMar DeRozan and a career-night from Delon Wright. DeRozan, fresh off a career-high 52-point performance of his own against the Milwaukee Bucks on New Year's Day, scored 18 of his 35 in the third quarter. Wright exploded off the bench, scoring 25 points to go with 13 rebounds, five assists, four steals and a blocked shot in 30 minutes of play. The two teams were close throughout, but Toronto pulled away in the fourth, outscoring Chicago 34-25 in the final frame thanks to a 16-2 run to take control. Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka added 16 points apiece for Toronto, while Justin Holiday led the Bulls with 26 points in the loss.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
The Raptors injury report is clear. For the Bulls, Kris Dunn (concussion protocol) is listed as probable, while Cameron Payne (right foot) is out.
Back-to-back: Wednesday's contest will be Toronto's final game before the team breaks for All-Star weekend. It will also be the second game in a back-to-back for the Raptors, after hanging on to defeat the Heat 115-112 on Tuesday at the Air Canada Centre.
Sitting on 40 wins: DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, and Toronto's entire coaching staff will be heading to Los Angeles for All-Star weekend, ensuring the organization will be well represented. With the team owning a 40-16 record 56 games into the season, the team also enters All-Star break with the most wins in franchise history.
EXTRA ASSISTS
LaVine's back:
In Toronto's previous three meetings with the Bulls this season, Chicago was without Zach LaVine who was recovering from ACL surgery. LaVine returned to the court on Jan 13, and he's been fantastic for the Bulls ever since. In his last five games, LaVine is averaging 24.8 points, and he dropped a season-high 35 points against the Minnesota Timberwolves last week.
Big third Q: Toronto was in a close game against the Miami Heat on Tuesday, before stretching the lead thanks to a domaint third quarter. The Raptors outscored the Heat 41-26 in the third, opening a 17-point lead heading into the fourth quarter. Much of Toronto's third-quarter scoring came from DeMar DeRozan who scored 19 of his 27 in the quarter.
Needing to finish strong: Despite leading by 17 to start the fourth quarter, the Raptors were unable to secure the victory early in the final frame. Miami outscored Toronto 31-17 in a fourth quarter where Toronto shot just 23 percent from the floor. Though the Raptors held on to get the win, the team was not pleased with their close and various players spoke about the need to continue improving and playing for a full 48 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->